I'm in pursuit 🌿 Natasha (request)

Song: Dean Valentine - sharks don't bite.

Imagine: (you're a teenager in this), an old lady gets robbed and left for dead in the street, you try to help but it's too late, so you grant her her last wish.

•••

'Give the bag lady!' You hear a man yell and your eyes immediately scan your surroundings.

You see an old lady getting dragged into an alley a couple feet away so you immediately rush after her. Into the alley where you almost get run over by the dude trying to steal her purse.

You look at the lady and the robber and see that the lady needs help, you can catch the robber later. So you rush to her side and check for any injuries.

'No...' you breathe when you see the blood already soaking her side.

She looks at you while you're basically having a meltdown while more people come to look at you two.

'Someone call an ambulance!' You yell.

'Stay with me ma'am...' you repeat as you try to keep her awake.

'Child..' she puts her bloody hand on yours making you look at her.

'I am so old... I will not make it to the ambulance.. but I do want to ask you for one favour...' she speaks up and you nod.

'A-anything...'

'That purse... I wanted to give it to my daughter if I would come to pass.. will you please make sure she gets it?'

'Yes...yes I will but you will be able to give it to her if you just hold on...'

The woman chuckles before she lays her head down again. 'No...no!' You yell once you see her eyes close.

You can feel her hand getting heavier and you can't help but let a few tears drop. You've never experienced anyone dying like this before. You're just a teenager you shouldn't even be near deaths like this.

'Ma'am.. step out of the way please...' a hand on your shoulder makes your head whip around. You look up to see one of the ambulance personnel standing there.

From then everything happens in slow motion, it feels like you're in shock, maybe you are. You just walk back to the tower.

You quickly slip your jacket over the hand that's covered in fresh blood so that the others don't see, you don't need them to question you at the moment.

You need to get out of this shock and into the new mission you have. You have to find that bag and make whoever killed the lady pay for what he has done. But you don't need anyone finding out because they will try to make you stop.

You need to do this alone.

•••

'You really thought you could get away with this huh?' You scoff as you push the man into the same alley the lady died in.

After spending all your time trying to find the man, you saw him trying to sell the purse to someone else.

'Why do you even care?!, she was already old and on the verge of death, I just gave her a slight push!' He stumbles back again and falls on his ass while you tower over him.

'Didn't give you the right to kill her for a purse... which I'm gonna need back by the way...' you grab him by the shirt to pull him up again before kicking him right in the stomach.

He doubles over in pain before he starts to laugh like a fucking maniac.

'What's so funny?'

'You really think I wasn't onto you?, I called for backup...' he wheezes and you turn around.

You dodge a fist at the right moment, and because you're basically Natasha daughter, you know every fighting skill there is.

So you kick and punch and fight them off, they're good you have to admit, but not as good as you are apparently because they're down in seconds.

You wipe off the blood coming from your nose and flick it away as you stalk over to the man still doubled over.

'You think because you're a little avenger that you can get away with all of this?. We're pressing charges...'

'Go ahead... then I'll tell them what you did...I'm sure they'd be happy to hear about the boy who had the nerves to rob a lady of her life and a purse...' you raise your fist to punch him.

But before you actually get the chance, you feel someone grabbing your wrist to stop you.

'And what did you think you're doing?'

'Shit...' you sigh at your own stupidity, of course Nat would be the first one to find out.

'You're coming with me and you...' she turns to the man, 'you'll face the consequences...' she sternly days before pulling you up.

You're barely able to grab the purse but you manage to snatch it away before being pulled out of that alley by Natasha.

Oh boy, you're definitely in trouble.

•••

'What were you thinking y/n?!' Nat starts when she closes your bedroom door.

'I-'

'That was a rhetorical question!, the answer to that is that you weren't thinking!'

'I was actually!, I promised that lady I would get her purse back to give it to her daughter!, so that's what I did...' You reply.

'You could've gotten yourself killed if it wasn't for your training... you should've more careful or at least notify us when you do shit like this!'

'And then what?!, you will stop me because that's what you always do!, I can take care of myself!'

'Broken nose, broken rib, fractured collarbone...I can keep going...'

'I'll heal...'

'That's not the point y/n... you're under my care!, if something happens to you then Fury will come after me first...y/n I am trying to keep you safe-'

'You're benching me... I can take care of myself.. I don't need you to help me I need you to understand...I watched this lady die after asking me for a favour...and I know I was stupid okay?, but right now I have the purse and the daughter I will give it to Will be grateful to at least have that from her mother... so no matter what you say right now... I won't care...'

'Y/n... I understand...' her voice turns soft and she slowly walks over to the bed and sits down next to you.

'I've made promises to people that are now dead too... and I kept them... and I wouldn't stand int he way of you keeping yours... I just want you to at least tell me what's going on before you do things like that...please?'

'Okay...' you nod.

'Now about the purse... I figured you'd want to give it to her herself so I still have it...but you'll give it under one condition...'

'What?'

'I'm going with you...'

'Fine...' You smile.

'You did good by the way... in the alley... you did good...just something that needs to be said too..'