214

Gong Yi was still shocked by the slight bulge in Hua Mi's belly.

  It was not like he had never seen a pregnant woman with a big belly before, but when this happened to him, down to the details, Gong Yi felt an indescribable sense of wonder in his heart.

  The two daughters grew up little by little in Hua Mi's slender and soft body, and finally were born. This process was really touching.

  The magic of living things is wonderful.

  Suddenly, he heard a sound like dense drum beats coming from the B-ultrasound machine.

  Gong Yi hugged the raincoat tightly in fear and stood up. The chair behind him fell to the ground with a clang due to his movement.

  He hesitated, staring at the two black and gray masses on the B-ultrasound machine exaggeratedly,

  "This... what is this?"

  "Fetal heartbeat."

  Xin Qiuru couldn't help but laugh. She had seen many parents' reactions to the fetal heartbeat,  It's rare for Gong Yi to react so strongly.

  "Oh."

  Gong Yi calmly held up the chair and sat back calmly. He asked,

  "Can they still have a heartbeat?"

  Hua Mi, who was lying on the bed, rolled her eyes at Gong Yi when she heard this,

 "Why can't they? Is there a heartbeat? Boss, have you read the book?"

  He have seen it before, but hearing it with his own ears is a different experience.

  Suddenly, Gong Yi's eyes became hot, and he laughed with red eyes.

  Seeing his reaction, Hua Mi, who originally wanted to see his joke, felt soft in her heart,

 "Gong Yi, what's wrong with you?"

  "It's fine."

  Gong Yi reached out and took Hua Mi's hand on the side of the bed. He leaned forward, looked at Hua Mi with red eyes, and said sincerely,

 "Thank you for your hard work."

  He knew that this world was not easy. Look at how many pregnant women were waiting outside, most of them came for abortion operations.

  Some have very big bellies.

  Hua Mi became pregnant with these two daughters after the earthquake, and she actually had no choice but to do with them.

  She could have chosen not to when the child was young.

  But Hua Mi chose to give birth to these two daughters, and Gong Yi was filled with gratitude.

  Although he also knew that Hua Mi gave birth to daughters not for him, but he was still grateful to her.

  Because of Hua Mi's choice, Gong Yi has two relatives connected by blood in this world.

  He also has a wife and a family.

  This is not something Hua Mi has to do, but it is something that Gong Yi needs to be sincerely grateful for.

  In the ears, the heartbeats of the daughters were like drum beats, beating Gong Yi's diamond heart like a pool of spring water, and the tender intestines were filled with knots.

  Hua Mi held Gong Yi's hand with her backhand, and there was a rare softness in her eyes,
  "You're welcome, you're welcome."

  When the two of them walked out of Xin Qiuru's office, Gong Yi protected Hua Mi and held it in his hand like a treasure. A black-and-white B-ultrasound scan, with a yearning giggle on his face.