Stray Cat - Patton x Roman

—

Patton skipped down the street happily, a lollipop dangling from his mouth which was stretched into a wide, adorable smile. He paused his movements when a sudden mewl came from an ally he passed. Taking a few steps back he saw a small, skinny, dirty white kitten resting on top of a trash can.

Frowning, Patton walked over, taking out the lollipop.

"Hey, kitty" he whispered, a smile taking over his features once more. He stroked the rough fur, realising the cat needed a bath.

"Do you have a home?" Patton whispered, dropping the lollipop into the bin and gently taking the cat into his arms. The cat purred, rubbing its head against Pattons chest.
Patton cooed, slowly placing the cat back on the trash can. It mewled in protest, wagging its paw towards Patton.

"Hang on" Patton smiled, putting on the cat hoodie that was wrapped around his shoulders. He placed the cat in the pouch, watching it curl up in content. Smiling he walked back home, wrapping both arms around the pouch to keep the small kitten comfortable.

He made it home, waving at Thomas who was sitting with his friends. Thomas waved back and Patton sunk down into his mind, running a warm bath while the cat lay asleep in his pouch.

"What shall I call you?" Patton whispered, gently removing the kitty and stroking it's fur until it woke up.

"What's your gender..." Patton whispered, quickly checking. "A girl! Awww..." he cooed. "You can be... Kat! Because you're a cat!" He giggled.

"Do you want a bath?" He asked after stroking her fur a bit longer, he tested the water and dubbed it as just right, turning off the taps and leaving the room in silence. Kat didn't protest from being placed in the water - in fact, Kat played around a bit, purring when Patton washed the muck from her fur.

"You're so cute, Kat!" Patton giggled, his heart exploding in joy.

Once Kat was cleaned (and after they played for longer) Patton picked Kat up and wrapped her in a warm towel, taking her into his room and laying her on his bed.

"Dry up, I'll be back now" Patton kissed her nose and locked his door before vanishing to the real world.

"Hey, Pat" Thomas greeted.

"I can't stay for long, sorry Thomas!" He called, rushing out of the house and down to the nearest pet shop.

He picked up a cat bed, cat toys, cat food, bowls, clothes, a collar and a leash (just in case) - while buying he got a few tips on how to look after a cat which he was grateful for.

Next few days Kat got settled into her new home, Patton let her explore the imagination and do her business, she obediently slept in her bed (only sometimes climbing onto Pattons) ate her food and played with her toys. She was the best.

But...Pattons allergies had begun, it was becoming harder and harder to sleep in his room but he couldn't get rid of Kat.

One morning he was in the kitchen, the other three sides having a civil conversation about the weather.

Once Patton sneezed for the twentieth time Roman became concerned. "Are you alright, Cookie?"

"I'm fine, Roro" Patton giggled, his voice nasally. Placing the food on the table Logan noticed his red nose and eyes, he knew something was up.

"Are you sure? You seem sick" Logan commented, Patton shook his head, clearing his throat. "I promise I'm-I'm...I.." sneeze "I'm fine!"

"Cookie, please don't lie" Roman begged, using a look which made Patton give in.

"Fine...a few weeks ago I was outandIfoundacatandnamedherKatandnowsheislivinginmyroombutIamallergicbutbutIdon'twanttogetridofherI'msorry" he rushed out so fast only Logan caught what he said.

"Why did you not tell us sooner?" Logan questioned, Patton frowned and shrugged shyly. "I don't know..."

"Tell us what?" Roman asked, turning to Logan. "Did you not hear? He has a cat named...Kat living in his room but he is allergic" Logan repeated, eating his food after.

"I'm sorry!" He sneezed, "I forgot I was allergic"

"Forgot?" Logan mouthed to himself, a confused expression taking over his face.

"I'll look after her" Virgil offered, finishing his food. "I had a cat before" he added, Patton gasped, turning to his son. "Really?! You'd do that for me?!"

He nodded and flinched when Patton squealed, the Dad like trait picked Virgil up in a tight hug, crushing him against his chest.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Patton kissed his head, dragging him to his room to show off Kat.

"Care to join us, Nerd?"

"If I must" he sighed, following after Roman.

"This is Kat!" Patton introduced, picking up the little white fur ball. He sneezed a few times but it didn't seem to bother him at all.

"She's cute, but not as cute as you" Roman winked at Patton who blushed but it was hard to tell due to his cheeks already being bright red from the allergies.

"Huh, white..."

"You'll finally have colour in your room" Roman commented, stroking Kat gently. Virgil hissed at him, taking Kat into his own arms.

They moved Kats things to Virgils room but it took awhile for Kat to move along with it, she was used to being in Pattons room but once she realised Patton would still see her everyday she stayed in Virgils room. Besides, it was darker in there, and she preferred the dark.

"Thank you, Vergie" Patton grinned, gently holding Kat in his lap.

"Don't mention it, Dad"

Thanks for the request!