Care For Yourself - Patton x Logan

Won't be able to update tomorrow, sorry ;-;

"Are you okay?"

The question caught Patton off guard at first, he spun around to see Logan staring at him with a questioning look. Wearing his usual smile Patton replied.

"Yeah! Are you?"

He always wanted to make sure the others were okay.

"Yes, I am, but I have noticed you have not been acting yourself lately. Has anything happened I can assist you with?" Logan pushed on, clasping his hands together and putting on his most concern gaze he could muster.

Patton giggled, "I'm sorry!" He yawned, "I've been tired!"

Patton never liked to lie, in fact he hated it, but he was so far into hiding his own emotions he doesn't even realise it.

"Ah, well, it is healthy to get an optimal amount of sleep each night. I suggest keeping a schedule"

Patton hummed, kissing Logan's cheek. "I will, Logy Bear!"

He didn't.

That night he made sure everyone was asleep, then proceeded to lay awake in his own bed, mind blank. He never liked to go to sleep because some nights Virgil has nightmares and Patton ends up hating himself if he doesn't care for his son.

And what if one side wakes up during the night? Who will be there to care for them?

After three am Patton physically couldn't stay awake much longer and passed out into slumber, comfortable on his warm bed.

This carried on day after day, it didn't take long for bags to appear under his eyes, not wanting to worry anyone he covered it with makeup, slowly falling into the mindset that if he doesn't have makeup...he looks bad. He didn't notice as he kept this up his self confidence went down and down, to a point he grimaced whenever he saw a mirror or a faded reflection.

But he didn't notice. It didn't correspond with his current thoughts.

He cared too much for the others, putting himself last, sometimes he doesn't even care for himself at all.

No one noticed Pattons skinny arms or hollow cheeks, no one noticed the makeup Patton never took off, no one noticed that his smiles were forced.

Roman and Virgil were too busy with their relationship while Logan was caught up with work.

One morning Patton passed a mirror and stopped...slowly backtracking until he saw himself once more.

He brushed his fingers against his cheek, a frown appearing on his lips. Pulling his hand back he saw the makeup smeared on his fingers, eyes widening in shock he rushed back to his room, washing all the makeup off.

Only then did he realise he hated his reflection...

Then he felt sick.

Bending over the toilet he lurched forward and gagged but nothing came up apart from a disgusting coloured liquid. A migraine pounded against his skull and he felt his stomach growl in pain, breathing through his nose he gagged once more, noticing his horrid smell, had he not showered?

Slowly standing up he collapsed to the floor, legs too weak from his lack of food and water.

Gasping for breath tears sprung at his eyes but never fell, he cried out in pain, gripping the bathtub next to him.

How had he become so solely focused to the others wellbeing he completely blanked out his own?

"Lo-gan" he croaked, a rough sob echoing around the bathroom.

Patton realised Logan couldn't hear him, slowly pulling himself up by the sink he dragged his heavy feet down the hall to the kitchen where the other sides were seated.

"Where's Patton? That ball of sunshine is usually up before us" Roman commented, Logan looked up from his coffee at the royal. "Possibly over slept"

"Dad..." Logan and Roman turned to Virgil when he whispered this, noticing his horrified look they turned their heads and gasped.

There stood Patton, leaning against the doorframe. He looked dead.

"Patton, love" Logan rushed over, letting him fall into his outstretched arms. "Oh my stars...what happened to you?" He whispered, nearly slapping himself, this could only happen over a period of time! How had he not realised?!

"Dad? Dad? W-are you okay?" Virgil was close to breaking down, Logan could tell, when Patton didn't respond he shook in worry, letting Roman hug him tightly while helping Logan carry Patton - who passed out - to his bedroom, laying him delicately on his bed.

"Get some water...and food, quickly" Logan ordered Roman, he nodded and set Virgil down at the end of the bed, rushing out of the room.

"Will he be okay?" Virgil whispered, watching Logan caress Pattons cheek gently.

"Yes...he-he will be fine" Logan stuttered, cursing himself for it after.

Virgil couldn't stand looking at his figurative Dad in this state for any longer so he went to help Roman. 

"Oh, Patton" Logan whispered, "What did you do to yourself..."