I Am Married - Roman x Patton

I have a lot of requests...I should get one that

Also, this book is close to finishing.

Damn, I have no life..

AU

Roman found being friendly with a lot of people came with a lot of backlash. Although he usually prefers to be friends rather than enemies, it doesn't give them free reign to question and judge his life, which is what most of them did. Although it's infuriating when all people ask about is 'why aren't you married yet?' Instead of 'Hey, how are you?' Roman's gotten over it. It took awhile, though, and many, many late nights thinking is it really that hard to kill someone and get away with it?

Rolling out of bed that morning, he ruffled a hand through his hair and stretched his arms above his head, yawning loudly. "Morning, Pat" he smiled standing up to fix the ring on his right hand.

He was married, yes, but would he make it obvious? No. He didn't want people questioning who he was married too.

Having a quick shower, he made himself some breakfast and dashed out the house, just arriving at work on time.

Skimming past many people, he sighed as he heard someone call his name.

"Roman!" The man clapped a hand on his shoulder, grinning widely. "Any luck on the weekend?" He conversed, walking with Roman through the building. Gritting his teeth, Roman counted to ten, not wanting to explode in front of everyone.

"No, no" he brushed off, coming to his stop and turning away from the man, a clear sign that he doesn't want to talk anymore, but some people are dense to signs like that.

"Come on man, you're almost thirty and single! Good looking, too. I can't see you go alone the rest of your life!" Whatever-his-name-was cried out, leaning on the doorway as Roman stared at him with a fake-smirk, shaking his head he waved him off, mumbling a poor excuse of a reply. Seemingly happy with their conversation, the man tipped his head and left, leaving Roman alone in peace.

It didn't last.

Like per usual, people liked to make their rounds, men wondering if Roman found anyone, woman wondering if Roman would want to be with them, but subtly, of course.

However, today seemed to be more cruel than what he was used to. At midday, left and right people interrogated him about his life, wondering when he'd have kids, when he'd settle down, blah blah blah.

Ready to punch a wall, Roman hid in the bathroom, breathing in shakily as he combed his hair back.

His hands slammed against the sink, the ring clicking loudly against it.

Opening his eyes, he stared at the small red gem incrusted into it and sighed, slowly twisting it around slightly so it sat perfectly on his finger. Checking the time, he sighed in relief that it was his lunch break. Slipping out of the building from the back, Roman drove to where he knew Patton would be.

He needed his husband right now, help calm himself down.

Parking outside, he hurried along the path, head ducked down as he fidgeted with his ring.

Once spotting where he was, Roman slowed his pace, letting out a long breath before kneeling down, grazing his fingers through the growing stems of green grass.

Lifting his eyes to stare at the tombstone, he let a shaky smile rest on his lips.

"Hey, Cookie" he spoke softly, gently rubbing the ground under him. "Surprise visit! I would've brought flowers, but I was overwhelmed, I needed you" he explained to the air, swallowing with his dry throat. Slowly sliding his ring onto his left hand, he laid his hand to the ground, letting out a small sigh.

"I-I'm sorry" he chuckled weakly, sniffling and slowly laying down against the grave, curling up a bit as tears slowly slipped down and splashed against the floor.

"I-I need you, Cookie" he whispered, choking up.

"Please..."

But, like every time Roman begged, Patton never came.

I really don't know

And to people who comment "he's dead, isn't he?" Yeah, okay, you totally didn't read it, go back to the start and comment it as if you hadn't read it 😂😂 lmao I see you