I'm Not Human 2 - Roman x Virgil

AU

AU

Virgil fucked up.

Virgil fucked up bad.

He was currently pacing the ground at the bottom of the garden, pulling at his hair angrily every few minutes. He couldn't do this. He couldn't

Staying with Roman for the past months has been the best time of his entire life, and with everyone he has done this to not once has he ever felt this strongly to someone...he actually felt like he could be in love.

And it was the worst part because he knew this won't last forever.

He slowly stopped moving, eyes drifting towards the house he had lived in with Roman, enjoying every second of their time spent together.

Virgil knew he couldn't do what he was sent to do.

He knew from the bottom of his heart he couldn't kill Roman.

He would look at his face and break down, thinking he deserved to die, not Roman. What had Roman done? Nothing...those...sick people just like murder and what better way to do it than this;

Kidnapping a young child and creating him into a weapon that could kill with one touch...

Even being in Virgils presence for eight hours or more would slowly kill you without you even realising it.

Virgil wasn't human

He was a weapon

A weapon to kill with no mercy.

Something went wrong with the experiments...they were supposed to take away Virgils emotions but they didn't, meaning Virgil still had the chance to end up liking who he would have to inevitably kill, leaving the weighing guilt on his broken heart.

"Virgil!" Roman called, his voice making Virgil feel safe even if he was at the other end of the garden from the house.

"Verge! Are you okay?"

Virgil smile sightly, he loved how caring Roman was...

"Please come out!" Roman yelled again, Virgil sighed, his head falling down. Suddenly two arms wrapped around him, earning a squeak.

"You look sad, what ever is the matter? Do you have any demons I need to slay?" Roman asked in concern, his eyes boring into Virgils.

He chuckled, "I'm fine, Roman"

"Promise me?"

"Yeah..."

Satisfied, Roman carried Virgil back inside, giving him the food he prepared.

"Christmas in four days" Roman gushed, sitting opposite Virgil. "I can't wait!"

"I can" Virgil sighed, picking at his food.