I'm Married To The Hero? - Logan x Patton

I'm so shit at updating recently

AU

Logan couldn't possibly compress the smirk that rested on his lips as he hurriedly rushed around his secret laboratory, mixing together different coloured liquids to forcefully feed to the hero he currently had trapped in his base. It was a feat, but today was the day Logan - the villain - finally caught Morality - the hero that keeps criminals at bay.

He wasn't planning to murder the hero, he detests the idea of murder, but it's a potion strong enough to never let him save another life again, which would let Logan take over the city he currently resided at.

But, there's always one thing, isn't there?

If Logan succeeds, he would have to tell his husband who he truly is. It would tear him apart if he left Logan, scared of what he might do, but sacrifices must be made in order to gain power.

And power was what he wanted.

Yet, he also knew, deep down, without his husband he would be a broken man.

Shaking his head, he gripped the counter he leaned against, eyes shut tightly to refocus on the task at hand.

Pouring in the last ingredients, he scooped up the flask, smirking at the dark black liquid that swirled inside the glass. Spinning around, he marched out of the laboratory and through the abandoned building he called his own. Rushing down the metal stairs, he made it to the large door holding the man who stopped his every plan.

Smirking, he hid the flask and punched in the code, hearing the familiar noise of the door sliding open, revealing the cities hero.

"Morality" Logan muttered, his name rolling off his tongue.

The hero was dazed, eyes out of focus and head spinning. He couldn't even function a proper sentence, nor could he think straight.

Tapping across the polished floor, Logan tilted his head up, staring at the brown eyes that lolled around in their sockets. Logan puckered his lips, tilting his head as he racked his brain. He swore he has seen the exact same eyes before, and now that he was close up, he was able to get a good look at his purple hair that rested across his head, swooping down over his forehead.

Such a...poignant purple.

Setting the flask on the small table beside him, he curled his fingers under the mask that hid most of Morality's face, hesitant to take it off. He didn't know why, for years he's longed to see the face behind the hero, but now he was scared, he didn't want it to be true...

Breathing in and out deeply, he slowly tugged off the mask, a loud gasp echoing around the room as Logan took a step back, letting the hero's head fall back forward, hair falling across his eyes.

Stepping forward again, Logan tilted his head to stare into his unfocused eyes. How? How is this possible?! His husband for five years is also his enemy?!

Softly letting his head rest back down, Logan whisked up the flask and backed towards the metal door, whispering the word 'no' over and over again, as if it would change the fact Morality was Patton. His husband. Someone he loved.

Leaving the room, the door slid shut automatically, upstairs he threw the potion into the farthest corner, furious. He should've known! It all became so obvious to the villain as he thought back to all the times he left the house the same time as Patton, giving the same silly excuse, when in reality they were off to go get ready to...fight each other?

Does Patton know? No...no...Logan loves him very much but if he didn't catch on, there's no chance Patton could've.

What's going to happen when Patton regains consciousnesses? Will this ruin their marriage? As he paced, Patton eventually snapped out of the trance he was put in, blinking rapidly to focus on his surroundings. Stiffening in his chair, he tugged at the bonds, becoming a little panicked as he quickly realised his mask was taken off.

This must be the villains lair...

"Logic?" He called, his voice bouncing against the walls.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he looked all around, but the only thing in their except for him and the chair, was a table, with nothing on it.

"Logic!" He called louder, groaning quietly as he tried to loosen the rope that kept him down.

Eventually, the metal door slid open, Patton could barely make out the dark figure standing in the doorway, but it vividly reminded him of his husband. For some reason.

The villain stepped in, face mostly hidden by his own mask.

"Logic-"

"I am sorry" he cut Patton off, surprising the hero immensely. Leaning back, he still didn't trust him, watching the villains eyes stare into his own like he could see his soul, bangs falling across them. Usually, the villain - as Patton noted - keeps his hair neat and pushed back, but it looks messy, like he's thrown his hand through it plenty of times.

Tilting his head curiously, he watched the villain swiftly walk over, moving his left arm from behind his back and towards Patton. The hero flinched, but as he waited to be attacked, or anything, nothing came. Averting his eyes from Logic's face, they traveled down the length of his arm to his hand, where he saw a metal ring with dark blue crystals incrusted into it, the same ring his husband wears...

He was about to yell out, scream and shout, pleading to him to answer what he had down to his husband, but as Patton snapped his eyes up to the villains, he knew those dark almost black eyes from anywhere.

He breathed out, slumping against the chair, mouth falling agape.

"Logan?" He whispered, the villain didn't respond, instead untied his bonds, letting the hero stand from the chair, face to face with the masked man.

Raising his arms, Patton slid off his mask, gasping quietly as he took in Logan's face. The man he married.

"Logan" he repeated, but quieter. He couldn't comprehend it, but even if the man standing in front of him was his hated enemy, he couldn't find it in himself to love him any less.

Patton could read the emotions that swirled through his brown eyes like a tornado. Fear, worry, love mixed into one.

With wide eyes, Patton slowly coiled his arms around Logan's waist, pulling him into a tight, much needed hug.

They stayed like that, not knowing what they were going to do, not knowing if they could make this work.

They couldn't hurt each other like they used to, but their days spent cuddling would never be the same, how had this happened? How had they not realised sooner?

"Please" Logan whispered into his neck, curling against the hero that held him strongly. "Do not leave me...please" he begged brokenly, the mere idea of Patton getting a divorce sending him into a panic attack, breathing sharply as his grip tightened. "I won't leave you, Logy, I promise" Patton reassured, rubbing his back gently, the two slowly falling to the ground, crying onto each other's shoulders.

"We'll...we'll make this work" Patton assured, talking to both Logan and himself.

And somehow....they did?

It was awkward at first, that was to be expected, but Logan loved Patton too much to carry on being the villain to his hero at night, so day by day he stopped going to his laboratory, he stopped helping criminals, he stopped attacking the man he loves, and he let Patton to carry on being the hero the city needed, and whenever he got home, they would be a normal couple, their past fights becoming distant memories.

In the end, they were each other's heroes.

Thank for the request! I liked this one!