Sick - Virgil & Patton

12:32am lol

12:32am lol

Patton happily ate his breakfast, seated next to Roman and Logan opposite, they were having a civil conversation much to Pattons enjoyment, once finishing his food he realised Virgil hadn't arrived yet...usually he came in around his time.

"Where's Virgil, kiddos?" Patton asked when there was a break in the conversation.

"Probably sleeping, he doesn't try to sleep during the night, anyway" Roman replied, lazily stuffing the spoon into his mouth.

"I assume he is still in bed, and there are reasons he cannot fall asleep, Roman" Logan shot him a look, Roman rolled his eyes, but smiled slightly anyway. They knew Roman meant no harm, but he never knew what to say without hurting someone's feelings - unintentionally, of course, but he doesn't do it as often.

"I'll go check on him" Patton smiled, placing his bowl in the sink and skipping down to Virgils room.

Once Roman knew he was out of sight he quickly leaned over and kissed Logan's cheek, making the logical trait glance up with a small smile.

"Virgil!" Patton called, gently knocking on his door and peeking inside. He saw a pile of blankets on the bed and smiled, slowly walking up to it.

"You okay, kiddo?" He softly questioned, pulling the pile back slightly to reveal Virgils makeup-less, pale, sickly face. Frowning, Patton felt his forehead, worry bubbling inside of him.

Virgils eyes fluttered open and a groan instantly escaped his lips, a bucket appeared in Pattons hand, the Dad like trait helping Virgil to lean over the bed and throw up the food from last night.

"Oh, kiddo..." Pattons eyebrows drew together as he watched Virgil lean back on the bed, eyes shut closed tightly.

Cleaning the bucket he got a glass of water and a pill for Virgils headache, "can you sit up?" Patton asked, grazing his fingers across the side of his cheek. Slowly nodding he sat up - Patton doing most of the work - and swallowed the pill with most of the water.

"How bad do you feel?"

"Like death. Literally, kill me"

Patton chuckled softly, kissing his hot forehead. "Don't think like that...I couldn't lose you" Virgil glanced at his 'Dad' for a few seconds, sighing out after "Fine" he grumbled.

"Don't worry! With my help you'll feel better in no time!" Patton reassured, leaving Virgil alone to get some soup.

Sitting him against a few pillows Virgil slowly ate while Patton positioned a fan perfectly so the wind would blow against Virgils face, letting his body stay warm under the blanket. Besides, Virgil requested it. 

For that day Patton cared for Virgil entirely, he had no plans anyway. When he was in the kitchen he also made sure to quickly check on Roman and Logan - just to make sure all his kiddos were okay.

"I think you should sleep...you will feel better tomorrow morning" Patton advised. Virgil nodded and shuffled down on his bed, Patton removing some pillows so his neck wasn't at an odd angle.

"Could you..." Virgil coughed viscously, worrying Patton immensely. "Could you...you turn off the fan" he croaked, "and open the window..."

"Of course" Patton nodded, doing as he was requested. Virgil thanked him quietly, coughing into his blanket a few more times.

"Ugh...headache" he whimpered, Patton giving him another pill. "Try and get some sleep, I'll be here the entire time"

"Thanks, Dad...you don't have to stay-"

Patton giggled, kissing his head and sitting beside him on the bed. "I refuse to leave" he spoke firmly but in a friendly manner.

Smiling, Virgil cuddled up against Pattons leg, with the rhythmic feeling of Patton playing with his hair he soon fell asleep.

Like Patton said, he felt much better the next morning.

Thanks for the request! Hope this was sufficient!

12:51pm