Stay With Me, I'll Protect You - Roman x Patton

For the past two days I've been in nothing but boxers and a t-shirt

I'm a mess

Trigger Warning: Kidnapping, blood, death,

AU

Patton could taste the metallic blood pooling around in his mouth, drooling down from the corner, creating a puddle where his head laid. Unable to move, he had stayed still on the cold, concrete ground for what feels like forever, his wrists bound tightly together behind his back, badly irritating the skin.

With no glasses, he could barely see anything around him, adding to that it was almost pitch black, the only light coming from the barred window above, and the orange glow seeping through from under the metal, presumably locked door, opposite him. With every small movement he made, pain would shoot up through the shoulder he was laying on, as if he was being shot every time.

Closing his eyes, be gulped in deep breaths of air, wanting nothing but Roman to come and save him. But, from what he can (barely) remember from before he was in this room, was Roman being knocked out, just before Patton was. The usually bubbly, happy boy knew Roman was either in the same situation or...worse, which made him sick to the stomach.

Fearing he might pass out from pain, he forced himself up into a sitting position, whimpering and hissing in pain as he rolled his shoulder, trying to reduce the pain from laying on it in an odd angle for so long. With his legs luckily not tied up, he used the wall behind him to help him stand up, body swaying from lack of food and water, he slowly dragged his feet to the door, bending down and almost falling over to peer through the small keyhole, unfortunately seeing nothing but another metal door opposite, dark wooden walls either side.

Slowly sitting down, he moved his arms from behind him, under his legs and to his chest. Even if they were still tied, now he could feel around the walls for anything. Weakly rising from the unforgiving ground, he first looked for a light switch, but after searching around the entire quite spacious dark room, he found nothing. Feeling defeated, he slumped down into the corner, holding his legs to his chest, wondering if his friends were currently wondering where he and Roman were. He couldn't tell how long he was there, but when he was knocked out, it was early in the morning, now from looking outside, the moon was high in the sky.

Straining his hearing, he could hear the noise of heavy footsteps echoing down the hallway. Shuffling further backwards until he physically couldn't, keys jangled and clanged against the metal, opening the door wide for him to see a tall, bulky man throw in another man, glaring at the two before shutting the door hard, locking it again and walking away.

Paralysed in fear, Patton couldn't see who the man was, only realising it was Roman after he adjusted to the darkness once more, and noticed the ripped, bloody red sash across his chest.

Gasping, Patton shuffled over on his bruised legs, holding his hands under his head to rest it on his legs, gently stroking his cheek as he brought in shallow breaths of air, eyes closed, blood staining him entirely.

"R-Roman?" Patton whispered, voice cracking. The older man didn't respond, leaving Patton helpless as he watched his boyfriend lay unconscious in his lap. Laying him down gently, Patton yanked and squirmed at the rope around his hands, whimpering and yelling out in anger when he couldn't get it undone.

Using his teeth, he tried and tried, but in the end his still tied up hands fell against his crossed legs, head tilted downwards in defeat.

Slowly shuffling back to Roman, he dragged him as best as he could to the corner, hugging the man close to his body protectively, kissing his forehead every so often, whispering soothing things into his ear even if he couldn't hear him.