Adopted Son - Thomas & Gabriel

Gabriel is the son Thomas adopted

...now that you are informed-

Unedited

AU

"Gabe! Hurry up!" Thomas called up the stairs, rifling through the scripts. "Coming!" He called back, feeling rushed as he picked up the heavy box, trying to slowly but quickly go down the stairs without falling.

"Gabe! Please hurry!" Thomas pushed, throwing the scripts onto the coffee table. His sides were all talking amongst each other, not noticing what was happening around them.

Gabriel finally reached the bottom but he was going too fast, stumbling forward he crashed into the stand holding up the camera. He watched with horror filled eyes as the camera smashed against the coffee table, spilling juice over the pile of scripts the process.

The room fell silent, everyone staring at the mess in astonishment. Gabe gasped, quickly placing down the box and turning to Thomas who was already glaring at him. Even the sides were shocked to see him truly mad, nay, furious. "Gabriel?! What the fuck!?" He yelled, picking up his broken camera in dismay and fury, his pure unadulterated rage blinding him.

"I-I'm so sorry" Gabe managed, for the few years he was living with Thomas after being adopted this was the first time he had ever seen the usual happy, caring guy fully angry.

"How do you mess up so badly?! This camera was expensive, too!" He ranted, his sides doing nothing but watching, feeling helpless as they physically couldn't control him. He was too mad.

"This is all your fault!" Thomas carried on, glaring daggers at Gabe who burst into tears, running out of the house with sobs choking up from his throat.

It only took a few seconds for Thomas's face to pale and freeze with guilt and horror, the fact that he had just done that not sinking in fully.

"I just-...oh god, oh no, Gabe!" He yelled, dropping the broken camera and running out of the house after his son, the sides could do nothing but appear in his mind, silently praying Gabe hadn't gotten too far.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. He had vanished, and Thomas searched and called for hours, even making his sides and friends search the entire city for him. None of them thought too check back home. 

"I'm an idiot" he whispered, slowly moving the camera around in his hands. Glancing at the script he knew he had to make it up to Thomas, to ease his guilt that ate away at him. First, he laid the scripts on the radiators around the house, letting them dry before searching for the camera online, eyes widening at the price.

"For Thomas" he whispered, taking out his secret box hidden under his bed. For years - even before Thomas adopted him - he was saving his money he earned with the odd few jobs, seeing no desire to spend it on stupid things that wouldn't last. Counting it all, he sighed in relief after realising he had more than enough.

"I could probably get him a better camera..." Gabe whispered, pocketing the money and running down the street to the nearest shop that sold cameras.

Meanwhile...

"I can't find him!" Thomas cried upon meeting Roman and Virgil. "Look, calm down-"

"I can't!" Thomas yelled, tears welling in his eyes, dammit this was all his fault! If he hasn't rushed Gabe this wouldn't of happened! He was just so stressed and...ugh!

"Virgil, please ease up..." Roman begged quietly, "no" he replied, crossing his arms. "If I do Thomas will feel less urgency to find him, and we need to find him" he stated firmly, pushing Thomas on to search again.

It was midnight before Thomas's friends decided to search more the next day.

Arriving home, Thomas collapsed on the couch and cried, letting his parent-like trait hug him tightly, knowing he couldn't really calm him down much...

Gabe watched from the stairs, the stack of scripts now dry clutched tightly in his hands, the new and improved camera standing on its stand back in the middle of the room.

"I see you are back"

Gabe flinched, spinning around to see Logan standing behind him, eyebrow raised. Spluttering, Gabe shrugged, still not used to his Dad having...real life personality traits.

"Do not worry, he blames himself entirely, which I completely agree on. But the sooner you get down there, the sooner this whole ordeal will be over" Gabe nodded, handing the logical trait the scripts. "Thanks, Dad" he whispered, sometimes not even realising he called the traits 'Dad' but it wouldn't be bad, they were all apart of Thomas! Which is his Dad!

Slowly padding down the stairs, Virgil was the first to spot Thomas's son. Gasping, he rushed over and pulled him into a tight hug, shaking and breathing sporadically.

"Gabe!" Roman yelled, gaining everyone else's attention. Soon, they were all in a big hug apart from Logan who watched from afar, fine without the physical contact.

"Gabe, I'm so sorry" Thomas whispered, pulling him away. "This wasn't your fault! I rushed you, I'm fully to blame-"

"Don't worry" he smiled slightly, "it's okay...I..got you a new camera! And Logan has the scripts..." he scratched his neck, flushing in embarrassment. "You got me a new camera?...oh, Gabe" he plucked the camera from the stand, checking it over carefully.

"This is better than the last! Where did you get the money?"

"My savings" he shrugged meekly, earning a sharp gasp. "Gabe, no! Never do that again, please, I appreciate it but that was your money" Thomas frowned, hugging him again.

"I know, but I spent it on something for you...and you're my Dad, I should do things like this-"

"No, Gabe, never thing that" Thomas cut him off, pulling back but keeping his hands on his shoulders. "I'm going to give you your money back, okay? I'm so sorry for yelling, I love you" hugging again, Gabe hid a smile into his Dads shoulder.

"I love you, too, Dad"

Eh, this was shit

Oh well