One Wish 2 - Roman & Virgil & Thomas & Logan x Patton

It's not worth my soul

Three months later...

"Virgil!" Patton called to his son, standing in the doorway of the small shop with Logan and Thomas. Virgil put back a toy, smiling to himself as he rounded a corner and towards his family.

"Yeah?"

"We're going now! Come on" Patton grinned, wrapping an arm around his shoulder to drag him outside. Virgil only chuckled, leaning into his side as Logan and Thomas walked behind, talking to each other happily. Heading down the busy street, they stopped at the crossing point, waiting for the light to turn red.

Absentmindedly staring at the scenery, Virgil's eyes landed on someone who made him freeze and tense completely. Leaning away from his Dad, he squinted his eyes, mouth falling open with a silent gasp. It was him..it was Roman. His fairy-fucking-god Mother.

Before the light turned, he checked both ways and muttered 'fuck it' sprinting across the street and ignoring the calls from his family. Pushing past the strangers, he ran and ran, turning a corner to onto crash into the man he needed. They both yelled, sprawling across the floor, Virgil on top of him, onlookers tutting and rolling their eyes.

"Roman"

"Virgil"

They both spoke at the same time, Roman gripping his forearms, Virgil holding himself up by resting on his shoulders. "You idiot" he muttered, picking up the fairy god whatever, dragging him into the closest building which so happened to be quite empty. "Wait-Wait! You'll stretch my shirt!" Roman protested, letting out a not-so-manly yelp as he was pressed into a corner, Virgil's eyes boring into his own.

"You gave me a new family?!" Virgil whispered/yelled, Roman stared at him bewildered, suddenly remembering the wish he granted for the teen. "Well- you- that was your wish!"

"No! It wasn't!" He hissed, finally letting him go. "I wanted them to be different, as in I didn't want them to argue! Not turn into two men, one basically Albert Einstein, the other a...a...a ball of radiating happiness, with a son who likes everyone!" Virgil explained, becoming louder and louder as he did, Roman could only watch, dread and guilt weighing on his heart. Truth be told, Virgil was the first...wish he granted for a child, he...he screwed up.

"Virgil..I.." Roman paused, raising an eyebrow. "If you are so mad, why have you not tried to find me before? I may not see you often but whenever you're with them, you are much happier-"

"You're not exactly the easiest person to find! And shut up! I love my parents!" Virgil cut him off, taking a few steps back. Roman clicked his tongue, crossing his arms. "Really? Which ones?" Virgil gasped, furious he would ever accuse Virgil of..of liking Patton and Logan more than his actual parents...he..he didn't.

"Take me to them" Virgil demanded, Roman sighed, holding out his hand. "Hmm, because a child who loves their parents totally forget where they live..." Roman muttered, mostly to himself.

"Shut it, fucker"

In a flash, they were out the shop and standing outside of his old building he used to live in. The same old, brown, rotting building on the corner of a busy street. Now that he thought about it...it wasn't too far away from Patton's and Logan's...why had he not tried to go back? Did he...truly like them more than his real parents? No...no...

Roman tapped Virgil's shoulder, pointing towards a couple who leaned on the thick, tall stone wall on either side of the stone stairs leading up to the buildings wooden doors.

"There they are.." Roman drifted, watching Virgil take a few steps closer. He couldn't believe it, they were happy, laughing and sharing short but loved filled kisses. Then, realisation hit him like a truck.

"They argue...because of me" he whispered, eyes falling to stare at the ground, shining with a layer of tears. "Virgil, don't take it the wrong way...lots of couples go through that" Roman tried to reassure, but he kind of made it worse. Accidentally.

"I was a mistake?" Virgil whimpered, he never knew that, his parents told him he was planned!

"Y'know..." Roman brushed his hair to the side, "you can just...talk to them, the spell will break, Pat and Lo will forget about you, and you can live with your parents again" Roman clarified softly, watching Virgil's wide brown eyes stare at his parents with an unreadable expression. He took a step forward, but Roman placed a hand on his shoulder, pausing his movements.

"But if you love them, you'll let them be happy"

Virgil deflated, gazing up at Roman. "Tell them you're Virgil, if you desire to go back, if not....I'll be down the street" with that, Roman pushed Virgil's bangs to the side, smiling gently. "I didn't release you had freckles" he commented, walking past the boy to wait down the street. Blushing, Virgil watched him go, a small smile on his own lips until he remembered the situation.

Breathing in and out deeply, he walked up to his parents, finally able to hear their conversation.

"..-do you think we should?" His Mother grinned, arms wrapped around his Fathers shoulders. "Of course...I'd love to have a child with you" he replied, pressing a kiss to her nose. The hair on the back of Virgil's neck raised, shaking away the nerves, he cleared his throat, gaining their attention. "H...hi" he began, swallowing a lump in his throat.

"Hey, are you okay?" His Mother softly spoke, seeing a single tear trail down his cheek. "Y-Yeah" he coughed, rubbing his eyes. "I-I'm fine" he nodded, grasping his jacket sleeves.

"I'm..." Virgil "...happy for you, for agreeing to have a child but ...you look young, waiting a little never hurt anybody and remember...don't ever forget the main reason you want a child, to bring your family closer...not pull them apart"

They glanced at each other, smiles drawing on both of their faces. "Thank you, maybe...we will wait" the Mother agreed, ruffling Virgil's hair. "Good luck, they're a handful" he did a two finger salute, heading down the street where he saw Roman rolling around with a dog, the owner finding it highly amusing.

"Hey, fairy" Virgil kicked his leg, Roman blushed and stood up, waving at the owner and the dog as they carried on down the street. "So?" Roman smiled, dusting his clothes. "I...let them be happy" Virgil shrugged, "their happiness is more important than my own"

"Now, that's not true" Roman straightened out his hair so it covered his eyes like Virgil usually preferred. "You let them be happy, and you're happy too...speaking of happiness" Roman turned Virgil around, he instantly spotted his...parents calling his name down the street, all looking worried with a Thomas behind, near tears.

"They're your family, go to them" Roman pushed him forward gently.

"Thanks, fairy, and...if you see me in the street, a simple 'hello' would be nice..."

"Of course" Roman smiled, waving as he rushed down the street, quickly jaywalking across the road to catch up to them.  "Where is he?! Why did he run!? Did I do something?" Patton worried, basically hyperventilating.

As Logan reassured him, Virgil tapped Thomas's shoulder, making the teen spin around and gasp. "Virgil!" He yelled, bringing his brother into a tight hug and also grabbing their parents attention. "Oh my- Virgil!" Patton cried, running up to hug him too, Logan watched on next to them, rubbing Virgil's shoulder as affectionately as he could.

"Where did you go?" Logan questioned, receiving a shrug.

"Just...needed to do something..."

"Are you okay?!" Patton frowned, checking him over. "Yes, now that I'm back with you guys...ugh, I'm so cheesy..."

Thomas grinned, hugging him again. "We love you, Virgil!" He whispered, making Virgil freeze up.

"I Uh...love you guys, too"

Eh????????

Hope that was satisfactory.