Phone Call - Logan x Patton

AU

AU

Patton twirled around his house, cleaning up the place gracefully while singing along to music playing from the tv in the other room. He paused when the house phone began to ring, "must be Logan!" Patton grinned, rushing to mute the tv before answering the phone.

"Hey, Logy!"

"Greetings, Love, how are you?"

"I'm good! What about you?" Patton grinned, laying on the couch and playing with the end of his sleeve, biting his lip with happiness gleaming in his eyes. He always felt that way when talking to his husband.

"I am alright. Are you still cleaning the house?"

"Yep! I'm almost finished!"

"You do not have to clean everything" Patton sat up, bringing his legs up to sit cross legged, placing a cushion onto his lap.

"Why?"

"I would not want you wasting your time on such a mundane task, my opinion of you will not change over whether or not your house is clean"

Patton giggled, playing with a loose thread. "It's okay, Logy! I like cleaning" Patton reassured him, staring into the distance, contently listening to his voice.

"If you insist"

"How're you holding up in your car? You're still coming, right?"

"I am holding up fine, just..took a little break" Logan explained, Patton smiled and stood up, absentmindedly walking around the room.

"I'm so excited to see you!" Patton exclaimed

"I am, too, Love, more than you can imagine"

Patton blushed. "Patton?"

"Yeah?"

"You are still close friends with Thomas, Virgil and Roman, correct?"

"Of course! Why'd you ask?"

"Curious, is all" Logan coughed. Patton hummed, sitting back down on the couch.

Their conversation carried on for a few more minutes, Patton enjoying every second.

"I must hang up now, Love"

"Oh, that's okay! Have a safe trip!" Patton smiled.

"I...I love you, Patton"

Giggling in delight Patton replied. "I love you too!"

"I will always love you"

"Aww, Logy!" Patton giggled. "I'll see you later!"

"Goodbye, Patton"

Logan hung up, carelessly throwing his phone onto the dashboard and dragging a hand down his face. He let out a shaky sigh, looking at the tree in front of him, the darkening smoke flying up from the front of his car.

He looked down at his stomach, blood pouring out endlessly.

Leaning back he closed his eyes, smiling slightly. "I love you, Patton" he whispered his last words...

Logan knew the ambulance wouldn't reach him in time, instead he called Patton, knowing the last thing he would ever want to do was speak with his true love.