Black And White - Logan x Patton

AU

AU

In this world everyone sees in black and white, you only see colour when you meet your soulmate.

Patton and Logan first saw colours when they turned thirteen, they both have the same birthday and Patton invited Logan to have a massive, shared birthday party. They invited most people from their school and it lasted the entire day.

Due to how busy they both were Patton and Logan only fully met near the end of the day, they both stood on stage and greeted each other. Both gasped at the same time when they saw the colour of the other eyes, then they looked around widely, everything suddenly in colour.

Patton began to cry while Logan watched in amazement. Pattons parents asked what was wrong and he screamed out he could see colour, the crowd of students gasped, now knowing Logan and Patton were soulmates...

From that day on the two began to date, and for twenty six years they never broke up, the love for each other stronger than ever.

"See you after work" Patton grinned, kissing Logan's cheek. Logan smiled, bidding him farewell.

As Patton cleaned the kitchen he watched in horror as everything around him went back to black and white...the colour draining from the walls, floor, counter tops, everything...

Did I forget to mention when your soulmate dies the world goes back to black and white?

Patton slowly collapsed to the floor, covering his face with his hands he sobbed and sobbed, tears cascading down his cheeks.

"Logan..." he whispered, curling up in a ball and crying harder.

Patton never saw colour again.

Alternative Story

Patton sprinted down the street in a hurry, dodging past people as speedily as he could, letting out a few 'sorry's' along the way. Turning a corner he bumped into someone, sending them both crashing to the ground.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I-" Patton paused, eyes widening as the world around him lit up like a Christmas tree, the bright colours blinding him for a few seconds.

The man beneath him seemed to have the same affect, eyes wandering around to stare at the bright surroundings.

No more black and white.

Finally, the two looked back at each other. 

"You're my soulmate..." Patton whispered, covering his mouth.

"And you are mine..." the man, named Logan, whispered back.

"You seemed to be in a rush" Logan commented, helping Patton up. "That can wait! I've always wanted to see colours! Join me in an adventure to spot every single one?"

Logan chuckled, clasping his hand around Pattons outstretched one.

"It would be my pleasure"

Idea from: