Just Us Three - Logan & Patton & Virgil & Roman

*raises eyebrow loudly*

TW: Attempted Suicide

AU

"So, has it always just been the three of you?" The host asked with a smile, staring at Logan, Virgil and Patton who sat opposite on the deep orange couch.

"Yep. Just us three" Virgil replied, Patton and Logan nodding their heads in agreement.

"Well, you heard it here folks, your friendship must be strong-"

The tv screen flicked off to blackness, letting Roman see his reflection. Gazing into his dull eyes, he slowly stood up, carelessly dropping the remote onto the coffee table.

"Just us three" Roman muttered quietly, glaring at the floor as if it was its fault. Something softly nudged his leg and Roman breathed out, bending down to pet his dog.

"You hungry, Otto?" Roman smiled at his bark of agreement, pouring some food into his bowl along with water in the other. While Otto ate, Roman wondered through his apartment to his room where he left the door open to flop on his bed, lifelessly staring at the red walls. After awhile, his throat closed up, and tears stung his eyes.

"Just us three"

Had they really, truly forgotten about Roman? The man they'd spent their entire childhood with? Just, completely forgotten?

His head moved downwards, eyes staring at his legs that slowly curled up to his chest, arms weakly wrapping around them. Eyes falling shut, his mind swirled to life, showing off the memories they shared, as if it was trying to help, but not knowing how.

One memory stuck out more than the rest.

"We'll be friends forever!" Patton exclaimed, throwing up a bunch of flowers he plucked from the ground into the air, giggling as they fell down on the others. As Logan sighed and brushed them from his hair, he nodded in agreement. "You three are the most...bearable, I suppose" he spoke, fixing his hair neatly. Patton laughed, messing it up and earning a groan.

"I take it back"

Roman and Virgil chuckled at their exchange, glancing at each other happily. Roman wrapped an arm around the shorter males shoulders, bringing him into a side hug. "I would want nothing more than to be friends with you three for the rest of my life" he spoke softly, leaving the few flowers that landed in his hair there. Patton grinned, moving to sit on his legs.

"We can live together!"

"And go to sleep at any time we want!" Roman added, grinning at Logan who shook his head. "So...its a promise?" Virgil asked, earning nods from them each. Patton was the first to hold his arm out, his pinky finger standing up proud.

"Pinky promise!"

They all wrapped their pinkies around the others, smiling.

"Pinky promise..."

And Roman thought promises were never meant to be broken. Rolling across his bed, Otto licked away the tears he didn't realise rolled down his cheeks. Smiling sadly, he ruffed Ottos fur, watching his back leg twitch happily.

"It's not like we can see them..." Roman drifted, "they're famous, I'll just be another "fan"..."

Swallowing the lump in his throat, he sat up, throwing Otto's ball down the hallway. His stomach felt heavy and sick from thinking about them making plans, hanging out, living together without him. Maybe as kids they didn't like him, maybe they just pitied him and let him stay with their group until they all moved to collage.