Nights Full Of Regrets - Virgil x Patton

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ good song ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AU

Virgil was woken by the blinding light of the early morning sun. Groaning, he rubbed his eyes, ready to barf up the contents of his stomach from any slight movement. Wincing at the pounding headache, he slowly sat up, glancing at the sleeping body next to him with a soft sigh. Tugging away the quilt, he stood up and bit back a gasp at the sudden pain that shot up his back.

Yep, he was a bottom last night.

Tugging on his clothes tiredly, he didn't even realise his shirt was on back to front. Picking up his phone he checked for any missed calls or messages. "Of course" he muttered, locking his phone and stuffing it into his back pocket once he realised he had none.

Slipping on his shoes, he glanced at the man again, sighing out and murmuring an apology before leaving the house. The walk back to his apartment was shameful - as it usually is - as his brain brought back little snippets from last night. And as always, he felt a deep regret in the pit of his stomach, or that could be the acidic waste ready to be spewed into a toilet.

Sluggishly heading in his apartment building, the old-ish woman who owned it looked up at him from her mail box, tutting and shaking her head. "You're a lost cause, Virgil" she commented, watching him over the top of her glasses as he leaned on the banister for support.

"And you're still single, Betty" he replied grouchily, pulling his body up the stairs to the third floor, nearly collapsing against his door as he fumbled for his keys, cursing himself for dropping them onto the floor.

"Here!" A perky voice spoke, picking up the keys for him.

Glancing at the man, Virgil rose his eyebrow, giving him a once over.

"Who're you?" He slurred, not drunk but the aftermath from the night before catching up on him. The man only giggled, unlocking  the door for the obviously tired and in-pain man. "I'm Patton, I just moved in!" Virgil nodded, watching him wave a little before leaving down the stairs, too happy this early in the morning.

Hating his life, Virgil collapsed into his apartment, slamming the door shut behind him and breathing in the familiar homely scent. Trudging his way through, he gulped down water and a few painkillers, stretching his back and groaning loudly. His phone binged as he sat at the kitchen counter, head falling into arms.

"Ugh, great" he muttered, realising the man added his number to Virgil's contacts.

Unknown ~ Hey

You ~ We had a one night stand, dude, piss off

Blocking the number, Virgil didn't need to be reminded of his mistakes throughout the day. Taking a quick shower, Virgil pulled on some clean clothes, texting his boss he'd be over in five.

He only worked at the local cafe, nothing special, but enough for rent every month. Although, his boss was very lenient, and due to the fact he already has quite a few workers, he doesn't mind when they arrive, as long as they do show up.

Drinking a quick coffee, Virgil left his apartment, happy to not see Betty again on his way out. Yet, the guy from earlier, Patton? Still lingered on his mind. He couldn't remember being told someone was moving in, although he doesn't remember a lot of things told to him in the morning after, so he couldn't complain. As long as Patton didn't bother him, he's fine.

And besides, he can't do much. It's not his apartments.

Entering the cafe, he yawned for the seventh time on that short walk, nodding a little to his boss who smiled as he passed. Sliding on the uniform in the back room, Virgil strode up to the counter, rested against it, and did nothing. It wasn't busy, so until someone came up to the counter, he was good. A thought made him chuckle to himself, the fact that he reminded himself of Squidward, hating his job, hating everyone around him, wanting to be alone...yeah, it was uncanny.