Accepting Brothers - Roman & Logan & Virgil & Patton

*yaWWWWWHHHHHHHN*

It took me (about) three hours to write this? Hot hell

AU

The trees waved softly in the light summer breeze, grass stems swaying from the ground, the setting sun in the distance casting different hues in the once light blue, cloudless sky. Bird chirps died down, leaving the sound of rustling bushes keeping the silence at bay. The large forest full of different night creatures awoke, surrounding the tall, old house in the middle, the house occupied by four brothers and two parents.

With the air becoming cooler, and the light from the sky diminishing, Roman thought it would be a good idea to finally venture inside, but he was content sitting where he was, leaning against the chimney atop the house, legs resting against the tiled slope leading to his demise with one wrong step.

Letting his head lean against the cold brick, Roman sighed out, eyes casting down to stare at his hands that sat limply on his thighs, waiting for a command from his brain.

He never used to come to the roof often, maybe once or twice when he was young, but he hadn't felt the need to come up here in years, until recently...it's the best escape he has, inside he feels enclosed, locked up with his thoughts and problems. He hates it. He hates feeling like he has no one to talk to, because he does, he has three siblings! Some people have no one...it makes him feel selfish, which only makes him dislike himself more.

Currently, his biggest problem was his sexuality. Finding out he was gay was exciting but also...horrible.

He hasn't told anyone, he can't...

It wasn't hard to find out his parents were against it, he does not yet know his brothers stance, but losing them would break him.

Finally, the sun vanished completely, leaving the light from the moon and the house for him to climb back into his bedroom window.

Once he did, he shut it behind him, closing the curtains with a certain velocity, he was angry, but he was yet to determine at what.

Letting dinner slide was a mistake, as later that evening his younger brother came bounding in, a plate of cold pizza in his hands. "Ro! Why didn't you eat earlier? Are you ill?" He asked worriedly, placing the plate on his bedside table. Roman stretched his arms above his head, turning it to stare up at Patton who had his head tilted in concern.

"I'm alright, Pat...thank you" he smiled, gesturing to the food. Smiling with him, Patton kissed his forehead brotherly and left, closing the door softly behind him. Roman contemplated on telling Patton first, Patton - although younger - acted more mature and caring than everyone else. His twin - Virgil - was cared for the most by dear Pat, even though he never admitted it, Virgil favoured it, sometimes even cuddling with Patton during the night after a particularly bad anxiety attack.

Roman's twin - Logan - has voiced many times he does not need to be babied by his younger brother, but he definitely needed it. Without Patton, he would work at his does for hours on end, accidentally forgetting to care for himself, a regular occurrence with Logan.

Maybe Logan would be a better person to tell, he never seemed to care about how someone lived their life, and was never the judgemental type (unless someone makes an idiotic mistake-), plus, with Logan he wouldn't force Roman to tell their parents, while Patton might, because he could possibly think their parents would still love Roman even though clearly expressing in the pass they do not like anyone who isn't straight.

Now that he was fully thinking about it, munching on his pizza, he also went over Virgil in his mind. Pros of telling Virgil is he can keep a secret, doesn't seem like the type to make a fuss, is very protective so he would never dream of telling anyone unless Roman gave permission....cons being the odd chance he had the same mindset as his parents.