Good vs Evil - Roman x Patton

—

"Ready?" Patton smiled to his partner in fighting crime. Said partner looked up through his long bangs, a half-assed expression on his face. "Not really-"

"Then let's go!" Patton grinned, flying out through the window while giggling to himself. His partner - Virgil - sighed and checked his dark clothes before flying after him, the only reason why they were going was to stop Roman and Logan from terrorising the city. That's what the police said, anyway.

"Why can't they just stop? It's Sunday!" Virgil exclaimed, crossing his arms in a huff, staring at the clouds as they flew next to each other. Patton only sent him a grin, twirling around. "It's nice to get out!"

"Not everyday" Virgil retorted, hearing panicked screams in the distance. "What're they doing..." Virgil muttered quietly, rolling around. "Their faces are scary enough" he remarked, snorting to himself. "Now, now, Virgil! No need to be rude!" Patton chuckled, smiling when he noticed Logan and Roman hovering above the street, talking casually.

He smiled at a specific person, anyway.

"Oh, they are here" Logan pointed at the two nearing hero's, turning his head Roman grinned his charming grin, floating up a bit with Logan in tow.

"It's Sunday" Virgil instantly snarled, crossing his arms. "Why?"

"I was bored!" Roman replied, glancing at Patton. "And I do love fighting. Me against Patton, you against Logan?" Roman smirked at Virgil who sighed, forming a shield around him. "Whatever, just don't kill-...try not too-...eh, whatever"

Patton glanced at Logan, "Don't you dare hurt my child" he mouthed, making Logan hold one arm up in defence. "Ready? FIGHT!" Roman suddenly flew towards Patton and gripped his waist, sending the two shooting up into the air, leaving Logan and Virgil to pitifully throw balls of fire at each other. Roman threw Patton back, the bubbly hero laughed to himself, halting in the air.

"That's all you can do?" He grinned, watching Roman grin back. "I try and go easy on you!"

Patton dodged his purposely meek attack, shooting a ball of fire in his direction he barely missed. "Oh, okay" Roman clicked his fingers, fire balls instantly shooting at Patton from all directions. Eyes widening, he formed a shield, just protecting him from the attack.

Once regaining his surroundings, he noticed Roman down on the street, waving at a group of people who turned and ran.

"They're scared of you!" Patton called, landing not too far away. "And not of you?" Roman shot back, jumping into the air. Patton shook his head, looking forward just in time to see a car coming his way. He yelped, flying past it, panting. "Roman! Not fair!" He yelled, pouting at Roman who laughed.

Roman and Patton messed around a bit more, finally tired out the villain flew to Logan who resorted to casually talking to Virgil. "I think that's enough fun for one day" Roman commented, grabbing Logan's arm and flying off with him. Virgil watched, annoyed he couldn't finish his debate.

"That was fun!" Patton gushed, floating next to Virgil who rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, for you"

"When d'you think we'll see them again?"

"I don't know, Pat. I don't know"

Read part two in Pengi11 book!!