Cat Ears - Virgil x Deceit

I.h.m

Tugging up the hood on his jacket, Virgil covered his hands with the long sleeves, sighing out quietly. Being the only side to have cat ears definitely came as a big insecurity, especially for Virgil who's mind made everything worse than it is. He made sure to keep them hidden, they're the same shade as his hair so it's usually not that noticeable.

Although, it's recently been quite hard to keep a secret, as his boyfriend - Deceit - adamantly wants to play with Virgil's hair, which would quickly reveal the two body parts humans do not ever naturally have.

But, fatefully, the secret was not one to be kept forever.

One late evening, Virgil was lazily laying on top of Deceit, barely still awake with the noises from the movie just a faint background noise. Yes, Virgil was used to staying up late, but Deceit was able to stay up three nights in a row and not show signs of fatigue - he's very used to staying up late, and isn't tired until five am. 

That particular night, Deceit finally had the advantage. With Virgil mostly asleep, he gently tugged down his hood, revealing the top of his head. Due to the darkness in the room, he didn't see the ears, but after running his hand through his hair a few times, he started to wonder why he felt something...different.

Flicking his hand towards the light, it turned on, shining light around the room. Brushing his hair back, a soft gasp elicited from Deceit. One of the ears twitched slightly, standing up straight and alert. Smirking, he brushed his finger along the brown/purple fur, hearing a soft rumbling sound come from Virgil's throat. A purr.

"Hm, cat ears are totally natural" Deceit dragged out, watching Virgil slowly sit up, rubbing his ears softly. Once his tired brain finally snapped alert, he gasped, whipping around to face Deceit who smirked, dragging him close. "Why would you keep this from your slimy boi?"

Virgil huffed, swatting his hands away from his ears. "It's...weird" he shrugged, turning his head away so he couldn't look at his expression, waiting for him to either hate them or like them. 

"May I?" Deceit murmured, gesturing to the ears. Nodding slowly, Virgil's eyes slowly slipped close as Deceit rubbed the ears a top his head, watching his throat vibrate with a soft purr.

Laying back against the headboard, Deceit tugged him down with him, letting Virgil lay on his chest as he continuously played with his ears and hair which - Deceit will take note of - helped his cat-eared boyfriend fall asleep.

And Deceit didn't love him any less.

Thank for the request!