Heterochromia - Roman x Patton

So close to finishing!!

Roman woke up with a quiet groan, stretching his body across his warm, comfortable bed he didn't want to leave. But, he always made sure to be ready before Patton inevitably entered to inform him about breakfast, to hide the little...difference he had compared to everyone else. Rolling out of bed, he rubbed his eyes and padded towards his attached bathroom, locking the door and having a quick shower.

After drying up, he stood opposite the mirror, a towel wrapped around his waist.

Finally catching a glimpse of himself, he winced outwardly, trying not to stare at his eyes.

Like the others, one of his eyes were brown, but unlike the others, the other one was blue/green.

On other people, he loves it, and could stare at it all day! But he hates having it on himself, he wants both eyes to be brown, which was why he wore an eye contact everyday. It could be irritating at times, but it also worked as a way to prevent the others from knowing, so luckily he could keep it hidden.

Slowly placing it in his eye, he blinked rapidly, letting it set into place, sighing out quietly.

His bedroom door opened, and he heard the sound of his boyfriend bounce in. Hiding the box, he left the bathroom, smiling happily at Patton who giggled, hugging his bare top half. "Morning, Roro! Did you sleep well?"

"I had a wonderful sleep! What about you, Cookie?" Roman smiled, dressing in front of him as Patton watched happily. "I slept well, too! I made breakfast!" He commented, hugging Roman's hand as the two ventured down the hallway, Roman brushing back his damp hair as he smiled graciously at the two other sides.

"I cannot stay for long, unfortunately, as today I am setting out on a quest to defeat the dragon witch!" Roman announced dramatically, earning a hiss from Virgil, bothered by the loudness of his voice.

Patton quickly kissed his forehead, finishing his breakfast. "Awh, okay, Roro! Stay safe!" He smiled, watching Roman gulp down his cereal before making his sword appear in his hands. Bowing dramatically, he sprinted down the hallway, bursting into the imagination with a determined glint in his eyes.

"I will get you, dragon biiiit-!"

"Language!"

"...wiiiiiiitch!"

Later that evening Roman came back with a wide grin, after a glorious battle, Prince came out the victor, ready to go to his room, clean up, and reply his fearsome battle in words to his boyfriend. Of course, exaggerating on a few parts.

But, before he could make one step down the hallway, he heard Patton gasp loudly and run up before him, cupping his face gently and staring into his eyes.

Roman's heart dropped. Oh no, is it his eye!? Had the contact fallen out!?

"Roman! The witch cursed you!" Patton worried, scooping up Roman in his arms to place him gently on his royal bed, covering him up and telling him to stay there while he got Virgil and Logan, as if he were gravely ill. He frowned a little, sitting up to brush his hair back. The contact must've fallen out mist combat, now they're gonna think he is cursed!

He contemplated working with that excuse, but he deflated a little, knowing he shouldn't lie to those who are close to him.

Rising from his bed, Patton quickly burst through the door, Roman holding his finger to his lips so he wouldn't worry.

"You have a blue eye?" Virgil muttered, staring at him with narrowed eyes. Roman winced, looking to the side. "Roman, I think in the library you will find a book about curses-"

"It's not a curse" Roman cut him off, sighing. "I've always had a blue eye" he murmured, holding his hands behind his back, eyes fixated to the ground. "I was worried you'd make fun of it" he added, waiting in silence for any of their replies. 

"Aw...Roman" Patton spoke softly, lifting his head up gently, smiling. "We would never make fun of you!"

"Speak for yo-..." Virgil cut himself off after Patton shot him a look over his shoulder, smiling at Roman once more. "Thank you, Cookie" Roman smiled gratefully, kissing him gently.

"I guess it's cool" Virgil shrugged, turning, ready to leave with Logan. "It is interesting to look at, you should put it on show more often" Logan added, walking out of the room with Virgil.

Hugging him around his neck, Patton giggled. "See? Nothing to worry about! You're still perfect!"

Thanks for the request! 💓