Better Brother 2 - Logan x Patton & Roman x Virgil

Eheeeeeee....*clears throat*

...

shUT UP I FORGOT-

AU

Roman, Logan and Virgil silently sat in the living room, awkwardly shuffling every now and again. After Roman's and Logan's Father's death Logan decided to stay down with his brother and boyfriend, they both agreed on him staying but it also meant Logan meeting Patton - their friend - to maybe, possibly form a romantic relationship if feelings blossom and things go well.

Hopefully, anyway.

"Do you want to play scrabble-"

"No!" Roman shut Logan down instantly, knowing he would make a word longer than Romans life span.

Logan fell back silent, hands clasped in his lap. Virgil fumbled with his sleeve, too anxious to text Patton again to see if he was close.

Luckily, the awkward silence was pierced by the ringing of the doorbell. No one had to get up before their friend - Patton - came bounding in, a wide grin on his lips.

"Hiiii Virgil and Roman!" He greeted, not even noticing Logan. "I saw this really cool flower outside! A dark purple one! It made me think of you!" He giggled at Virgil, pressing a kiss to his forehead. Virgil blushed, swatting him away, embarrassed.

Patton only grinned, ruffling Romans hair. He really was a Dad.

"Patton, this is my brother - a budget version of myself" Roman gestured towards Logan who didn't even acknowledge the insult, only stared at Patton with one emotion. Fear.

"Hey...are you okay?" Patton asked gently, watching Logan slowly rise from his chair and dash to the door, leaving without a word or explanation. Roman watched him go, confused and concerned for his younger brother.

"I'll go...find him, nothing to worry about, Patton Dear" Roman reassured, chasing after Logan who was sitting on his bed, fumbling with the tie around his neck. Oh god, what had he gotten himself into?! Patton seemed like a nice, caring guy but...he was also adorable! In fact, the most cutest person he had ever laid eyes on! He couldn't say that, he didn't want to say that.

"Chaos?" Logan jumped, not noticing Roman moved to sit next to him, too deep in thought.

"G-Greetings" Logan muttered, dry throat.

Roman didn't really know what to do, or what to ask, or if he should even touch him! When they were younger Logan never got upset, and when he did he hid away, and they hadn't seen each other in the past ten years, what was Roman supposed to do?!

He let out an inaudible sigh, vouching for the old fashioned works-most-of-the-time 'are you okay'.

"Are you okay, Chaos?"

Logan dropped his head, holding it in his hands. "No, r-...bubba, no I am not" he confessed, Roman placing a hand on his back, rubbing the skin through the black t-shirt gently.

"What's wrong? Do you know Patton?" Roman tried to figure out, wanting to help Logan. So much had changed, ten years ago Roman wouldn't care if he found Logan crying. Maybe the...ten years apart helped? Who would've thought.

"No...but I..." he drifted, voice cracking. "I do not want to like him in a romantic way. Do not get me wrong, I am sure he is wonderful, but I...I am scared, the last person I romantically fell for did not return my feelings and I hated those emotions it gave me and I do not want to ever feel like that again but now I am rambling!" Slapping his hands against his legs he groaned, the palms of his hands lifting his glasses as he rubbed his eyes.

"Help me, bubba" he whispered, desperate and vulnerable, Roman never seeing him like this before.

Pulling his younger brother into a side hug, he stayed quiet, just running his hands through his hair until he knew Logan had calmed down enough to heed everything he is about to say.

"I know it may not help" he began, letting Logan sit up and straighten his things out. "But all I can say is don't let past romance related problems stop you from pursuing the chance to fall in love with your Prince! I may be quite the Prince myself, but I am Virgils Prince, and maybe Patton will become yours. This is a stretch! You haven't even met! But, so far you find each other adorable, correct? So that can lead to two things! One, a love filled happy ever after or...hardship, and heartbreak" Roman ranted, Logan's heart dropping at the end.

But, Roman smiled, fixing his hair just a tad bit more. "But with mine and Virgils - mostly mine - help the latter - see, I know smart words - will not be your future"

A smirk broke out onto Logan's face, shaking his head softly. "Thank you, it helped but you are an idiot"

Roman grinned, "your idiot brother"

Logan snorted at the phrase their Mother used to refer Roman as, realising how it doesn't hurt Roman anymore. It's quite the relief but Logan was still concerned about something.

"You are very smart, bubba-"

"Oh, don't start, the compliments will go straight to my head" he laughed his grand laugh. "I know I'm not an idiot, I'm proud of my IQ! But...I admit I will never outsmart you. My chaotic brother"

Logan and Roman walked back into the living room, this time Logan actually spoke to Patton with confidence he didn't have before. Virgil grinned from afar, leaning into Roman as he hugged him from behind.

"I think you're right...they do make an adorable couple" Roman whispered.

Verge snorted, "finally giving in? And besides, Pattons cute but Logan's hot" he taunted.

"Only because he looks like me"

What noooo don't look at those dates on the comments...*cough* *cough*

I just realised this OneShot does not correlate to the request at all - Roman wasn't protective! Ugh! Why do I just...write and not think!

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh