Guardian Angel 2 - Patton & Logan

This one isn't going to be as good as the first, lmaoooo

AU

"You're moving! You're moving! You're moving! You're moving! You're moving!" Patton repeated, laughing and flying around Logan's large room, his golden wings spread out for maximum glide. Logan sighed, closing his final box with brown tape, smiling at the satisfying pile of boxes by the closed bedroom door.

"Where are we moving too?!" Patton landed in front of Logan, making him flinch back. Patton grinned brightly, wearing the pastel coloured clothes Logan insisted to buy because any other colour did not suit his angel at all.  "You know where - we were in the house yesterday" Logan replied, not at all annoyed by Pattons excitement and enthusiasm.

"Oh yeah! We can live together!" Patton gushed, sitting on Logan's bed.

Logan paused, tilting his head down. As Patton hurriedly spoke about how much fun they would have together, Logan thought how he would ask his next question. It was something he had been meaning to talk about for awhile but never had the guts to bring it up, now seemed like the best time before it was too late.

Sitting beside Patton, he waited until Patton had to breathe before cutting in.

"Patton"

The winged boy paused, smiling and facing Logan fully.

"Yeah?"

Logan sighed, fumbling his hands together. "How do I ask this?" He muttered, for he was truly stuck. It was either ask the question now and possibly hurt Patton, or ask it later and definitely hurt Patton. Weighing the options, Logan lifted his eyes to meet Pattons gaze that seemed to dim as the seconds ticked by. He sensed something was wrong, usually Logan would say what he wanted to say with no hesitation...

"When are you...leaving?" He finally managed, watching with a guilty heart as Pattons face dropped.

"Wh...What?"

"I mean, were you planning on staying forever?" Logan asked, Patton has been here for him since he was a child but...was he going to stay? Forever?

"I-I...I...What?" Patton was confused, weren't they...friends? Close friends? Logan deflated, debating on whether to call the whole conversation off until a later date, but that would made the entire situation worse, and the feeling of dread...ugh. This was infuriating.

"What I am trying to say is only I can see you, and when I speak to you people look at me weirdly. I try not to talk in public, but I do not think you understand...I cannot talk to...no one...nor...nor do I really know why you are here, why you are protecting me. I am an adult now, I do not need protecting, I did as a child but...I did not expect it to last for this long, you are a great friend, the only one I ever had but I am moving in with two other people. If they find me talking to myself I...it would be strange, don't you think?"

Pattons mood plummeted, he was upset, he thought their friendship would last a lifetime but...really, he always knew this would happen, somewhere in the back of his mind. Humans age, and with age comes growing up...growing up from your childhood friends only you could see.

Paton shrugged weakly, his smile barely a smile anymore. "I-...I just thought..." he drifted, losing his usual straight and excited posture, instead slumping down, staring at the bare mattress. Shaking his head, Patton chuckled quietly and met Logan's saddened and guilty gaze.

"It's okay" Patton reassured, keeping back his own tears and brushing his thumb against Logan's cheek. "It's okay" he said quietly, trying to help Logan and himself. "I understand" he added, rising from the bed along with Logan. "You don't need me anymore"

"It...its not that-"

"Please, Logan...I know"

Logan sighed, watching his winged friend open his arms for one last hug he gladly accepted. They embraced for awhile, the all familiar warmth feeling spreading around Logan as if it would be the last time...

Eventually, Patton pulled back, brushing Logan's hair to the side, able to press a long kiss to his forehead. "I'm glad I could protect you" Patton whispered, voice falling soft like it was once before he became real...

"I will miss you" Logan gripped his hand tightly, "so much" his voice cracked, the smarter boy-...man trying to cover it up with a cough. Patton giggled gently, taking Logan's hands into his own.

"I'll miss you too, my favourite nerd..." he whispered, brushing his thumb against Logan's knuckles.

"Remember when I became real? All you had to do was ask for a friend...now" Patton breathed in deeply, somehow biting back the tears that desperately wanted to escape. Patton could stop this, he could forcefully stay with Logan forever, maybe then Logan would see Patton would be better with him actually there but the reason why he chose to do this was to protect and follow Logan's orders...not try to make a friend.

Sighing out, Patton smiled at the memories the two had, memories he'd never forget.

"What do you want me to be?" Patton felt relived at his ability to keep his composure.

Logan, on the other hand, was breaking down.

"I...I want..." he choked down a sob, never did he think he'd have to do this to his childhood best friend. A friend that...if Patton was human could possibly be something more.

"I want you to be gone"

That was the hardest lie Logan has ever had to say.

Patton dropped his head, still smiling at the boy he protected.

"Whatever you want" Patton nodded, slowly disappearing until he was nothing more but a voice and warmth...

Logan pulled back his hands, feeling cold and alone.

"Thank you" Logan whispered, breaking down into sobs at the almost silent reply...

"You're welcome"

Part THRREEE?!?!?!?!?

Probably not, ahaaaaa

Why is everything I do sad-

Ugh, why does this feel rushed

AGHHHHHHH

I'm sorry

Bad author alert