Long Distance - Virgil x Logan

I look dead

AU

Virgil walked through his schools cafeteria, checking his phone once again and sighing. Why hadn't Logan texted him? They usually text each day, ever since they began dating, but two days ago Logan suddenly stopped, completely.

Virgil assumed he'd annoyed Logan somehow, or Logan found someone better in real life. Taking a seat at one of the tables furthest away from humans, he plugged in one earphone and scrolled through tumblr, trying to block out the world around him while unable to get Logan off his mind.

His nose wrinkled at the scent of the food, eyes gazing up to the line of students, talking, pushing in, messing around while waiting to get their food. He never eats in school, well...he only eats when Logan convinces him to, because he doesn't want to worry Logan, nor does he want to become too weak to text him, but looks like Logan stopped anyway.

Locking his phone, he rested his head in his arms, eyes barely able to see above his sleeves pulled across his hands, just how he liked it. He wondered how he would survive without Logan, literally. He was the only person who could make Virgil eat, his parents gave up years ago, and he could never make himself do it, he truly loves Logan, but he guessed Logan didn't love him back.

"I assume you have not eaten yet, Virgil"

The voice made him freeze, slowly lifting his gaze to stare at the boy who sat opposite him, two trays of food in his hands. Sending him a small smile, he pushed his tray towards him, eating some of his own food. "You have eaten these past few days, correct?"

Virgil couldn't speak, it's like his brain forgot how! Sitting opposite him was his boyfriend, was Logan, the boy who is supposed to be on the other side of the country! Not sitting opposite him! This must be a dream.

Covering his mouth, Virgil took out his earphone, staring at him with wide, shocked eyes.

"Logan?" His voice cracked, gaining the tie-wearing boys attention.

He smiled softly, placing down his fork. "Virgil" he replied, "it is lovely to finally meet you, I apologise for my lack of texts-"

"Logan!" He cried happily, jumping over the table and dragging Logan into a tight hug, crying onto his shoulder, mumbling incoherently about why was he here, and if this was real, and even a few 'I love you's'. Logan awkwardly hugged back, not used to actual affection. Virgil is his first boyfriend, and they stared over text, so he was utterly clueless, much like Virgil but Logan didn't need to know that.

"Why..how" Virgil stammered, leaning back to stare at his face closely, noticing a few things undetectable through pictures. Like, the specks of gold in his eyes, how prominent his cheek bones are, and how adorable his small smile was, it lighted up his whole face, even if it didn't reach his eyes, it meant he was happy.

Logan sat him down, sitting beside the shocked and still crying boy. "As you know my parents had a divorce. I had a choice to live with one, my Father was moving here, while my Mother was staying where I lived prior. I totalled up the pros and cons of living with them, and chose my Father" he explained, pushing Virgil's tray of food towards him.

Virgil stared at the food, glancing up at Logan who nodded, carrying on with his explanation. "At this point my Father is already dating another woman. She is very kind, and I have been told by a friend - who is very good with emotions - they are perfect for each other, while my Mother is alone. I do not think I could handle living with my Mother and her many boyfriends after boyfriends, which is already something she had started while my Father still lived with her. Besides, we do not have the best relationship, and in addition I got to see you" Virgil smiled once he finished, reaching out his hand to poke his arm.

"Sorry-I'm just...in shock you're here" Virgil blushed after Logan rose his eyebrow at the "poke". "Anyway, uh, sorry about the Mom situation. And if your Dads new girlfriend is nice, then she can...be like a Mom, right? I don't know what I'm saying-"

Logan cut him off by smiling at him softly. "It is alright, thank you, I do plan on calling her Mother very soon. I hope it will please her"

"I'm sure it will" Virgil chuckled, flinching as the bell suddenly rang out in the cafeteria. He glanced at his food, frowning apologetically. "What?" Logan rose his eyebrow, not moving. "We are not leaving until you eat. You cannot learn properly on an empty stomach" he remarked, watching a smile grow on his face.

"Thanks...Kitten" Virgil mumbled shyly, using the pet name he had no problem with over text.

Logan watched him eat with a proud smile.

"You are welcome, Dear"

*ahem*

Thank you for your nice comments whenever I post "this was shit" on a OneShot. I don't do it often, but it's not there so I can feel better about myself, it's there because I know the OneShot isn't up to my best standard. Whatever my best standard is-

But, anyway, thank for 1k followers! It's pretty lit, you guys are de besttttt