I Fucking Love You Too - Virgil x Patton

I saw - *burps* - a prompt on Pinterest and wanted to take a stab at it

Patton couldn't fall asleep, and he'd been trying for the last hour! Silently rolling to his side, he stared at the ground, wide awake. He knew why he couldn't fall asleep, one thought was on his mind preventing him from relaxing, keeping his brain at work with "what ifs". He was usually optimistic, but some things - like this specifically - it was hard to think of happy outcomes, especially if he doesn't even know how Virgil feels.

Knowing he would worry the others during the day if he was dead tired, he slipped up from bed and tugged down his pyjama sleeves, glancing at his teddy he debated whether or not to bring it along with him, it would help with comforting but he didn't want to look like a child. Sighing, he kissed the teddy's forehead, whispering a good night as he left to Virgil's room.

Padding into the darkness, he walked up to Virgil's bed, waking the sleeping aspect.

"Hm...wha?" He grumbled, rubbing his eyes and staring up at Patton tiredly. "Pat?" He questioned, confused. Why was he here? Did he have a bad dream?

Patton opened his mouth, hesitating out a few noises.

"You could've woken someone else up, Pat, y'know? I'm sure Roman would help with whatever-" 

"I love you" he finally managed, gulping as Virgil went silent.

A few seconds passed, Patton's heart thudded faster and faster until...

"...I fucking love you too, now get in my bed right now"

Patton paused, then a wide grin stretched across his lips as what he said sunk in. Laying next to Virgil, the dark aspect brought him close, hiding his face in the crook of his neck.

They both slept peacefully until midday...

Hmm 🤔

*contemplates*

*comes to conclusion*

I am a terrible writer.