I Can't Be With You - Logan x Roman

If the title does imply it this OneShot does not have too much angst lol

If the title does imply it this OneShot does not have too much angst lol. Actually probably none at all.

AU

Logan brought up his hand and rapped on the front door of his friends house, taking a step back and waiting in anticipation.  He's been dreading this conversation for a few weeks now but any longer it would turn into hell. He had to do it, now or never.

The door swung open and - as he usually did - Logan's friend made a dramatic pose. He didn't care if it was the post-man or his closest friend, he would do it for anyone.

"Greetings, Roman, may I speak with you?"

His friend, Roman, frowned. He sensed his seriousness and while Logan was serious most of the time this was...serious serious.

"Sure" Roman nodded, pushing open the door wider for Logan to slip in. He glanced around the familiar house while following Roman to the living room where the two men resided on the couch.

"What is it you wish to speak about?" Roman instantly asked, acting like a curious impatient child. Logan sighed, his usual 'sitting-up-straight' posture falling into a given up slump. This worried Roman but all he did was wait, this was the best way to do this sort of thing - wait and let Logan think what he will say.

"Emotions are confusing" he began, Roman was about to reply with an agreeable remark but sealed his lips, letting Logan rant about whatever was going on in his smart mind.

"But I knew I had feelings for Patton" he carried on, his eyes narrowed in a determination kind of way.

"Had...?" Roman murmured, Logan nodded and repeated what he said. "Had...I had feelings for him, heck I-I loved him!" Logan exclaimed, throwing his arms up. Roman flinched back, leaning on the arm of the couch, amusement flickering through his eyes. "Now it seems they have...faded, vanished, are no more" he went back to being meek and quiet.

"Is that...normal? Does it happen to everyone?" He hoped, finally turning his body to face his friend who pondered his question. 

"Not to everyone, most people who fall in love stay with their significant other for the rest of their lives" Roman answered, watching Logan deflate like a balloon at the inevitable answer he did not want to hear. Roman sat up and rubbed his back, smiling slightly.

"The best thing to do is to tell him, waiting will only hurt him more"

"How?"

"You would say I love you and it would be a lie, sometimes that can break peoples hearts" Roman whispered, Logan unknowingly shuffling closer to his friend...

"Roman?" Logan intoned, lifting his head to stare at Roman who was notably closer but none of them minded. The older male hummed in reply, brushing some of Logan's dark brown hair from his vulnerable face. "You know you hear about those..."in the moment" ...things?"

"Yes"

"And some of those..."in the moment" things can be kissing?"

"I'm way ahead of you"

Both men leaned in and kissed the other which much more passion than with anyone else they've ever kissed before. Roman slowly pushed Logan down on the couch, looming over him and not once breaking the long, heated kiss that left the two panting hard and wanting- needing more.

They kissed again and again, finally Logan pushed his chest, his breathing coming out like he ran a mile. "Roman...this...this is wrong"

"Yet feels so right" Roman sighed, sitting up on his haunches. Hauling Logan up he chuckled when the flustered man that was once pinned below him crashed into his chest, gripping his forearms tightly. "I must tell Patton today, shouldn't I?"

Roman nodded, "so shall I"

Logan's eyes suddenly widened in realisation that his friend wasn't so single either...

"Virgil"

"Don't fret, worry about your own issues and I'll worry about mine" the two said their goodbyes, Logan headed straight to Patton's* house while Roman headed to Virgil's.

(Patton's was the 666th word. Lol)

"Greetings, Patton"

"Hey, Logan...I need to tell you something"

"So do I" Logan clasped his hands behind his back, walking down Patton's hallway. He prayed Patton wouldn't take this too badly and they could still be friends. Logan did care for him.

Sitting on the couch and awkward silence settled in the room.

"I'll go first" Patton announced, Logan could see guilt swimming in his eyes. This could either be something bad or something inconsequential as Patton will feel guilt over anything and everything.

"I'm really sorry, Logan, but I...I've..." he chewed his lip, obviously not able to bare with the guilt. "I've been seeing someone else!" He finally blurted, hiding his face. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" He cried, Logan watched, taken back. He never thought Patton of all people would do that but he can't speak much, the kiss still lingering on his mind.

"We-we've been going on coffee dates...I'm really sorry! I just...I realised this relationship wasn't going anywhere I loved you but now- you're amazing! But now I see you more as a...friend...I'm so sorry" he whimpered, hiding his face once more.

Logan placed a hand on his shoulder gently, trying to be as comforting as possible.

"It is alright, Patton-"

"It's not! I-I cheated-"

"It is not cheating, Pat, for awhile I have felt the same. Somewhere between the last few weeks there was an...unofficial break up, if that makes sense..we both lost feelings, I understand"

Patton peeked through his fingers, sniffling. "R-really?" Logan nodded and readied himself for the tight hug Patton brought him into.

"Thank you"

Okay, I'm gonna end if here because I might pass out (it is literally 1am, oops) tomorrow I shall be making a part two 'cus this isn't the end of this request.

See you tomorrow!