Stuck In The Closet 2 - Virgil x Roman

AU—

AU

It's been a few weeks...a few months since Roman and Scarlet went on the "date". Couldn't really call it a date, seeing as Scarlet solely focused on the cameras and questions people asked. Roman tried but in the end he was mostly trying to keep his happy composure because if one picture of him gets out there where he isn't smiling while on a date with his girlfriend, the rumours will start to spread.

During the months, Roman hasn't had the courage to break up with Scarlet, nor the courage to tell anyone his sexuality. Roman didn't watch to rush, but his feelings only grew for Virgil, and soon he wouldn't be able to hold back from kissing the man, but he doesn't ever want to cheat. And technically, he was still dating Scarlet.

But one day, after Roman ended the call to Scarlet with "Love you" (even if he didn't mean it) he saw pain flash through Virgils eyes. Even if he was trying his hardest to keep Roman happy, and not give away the fact he just wanted the famous man for himself, Roman could tell. Which was why that day he finally had the courage to end things with Scarlet...and if she asked why - which was inevitable - he would tell her. He was gay..and happy.

But...his plan was broke into pieces and flushed down the drain once he got home.

"Roman, baby! We should get married!" Scarlet yelled happily, rushing to her boyfriend and wrapping her arms around his neck. Roman stammered, looking down at her with wide eyes.

"M...married?"

She nodded enthusiastically, twirling around the room. "Yes! I phoned a few people, this is the ring!" She pulled out a red velvet box, showing off the most expensive ring Roman had ever seen. He guessed she used his money to buy it.

"Next week we'll go in for a fitting to get the clothes, and me plus my girls will plan the entire thing out! It will be the best wedding ever!" Scarlet gushed, turning to Roman.

"What do you think?!"

"YOU SAID YES?!" Virgil yelled, dragging his hands through his hair and pacing the room. "I..I couldn't say no! I would feel terrible!" Roman replied, crossing his arms. Virgil groaned, his eyebrows drawn together in an obvious angry expression. Roman sighed, falling onto the seat by Virgils desk. He held his head in his hands, not knowing what to do...

"You have to call it off"

"I know..."

"Then you'll have to break up with her"

"I know..."

"She's hurting you, Roman!"

"You don't think I realise that?!" Roman finally yelled back, standing up so fast the chair fell back behind him. Virgil flinched, never had he heard Roman yell before, even if Virgil was doing it prior, he was more angry at Scarlet.