Jacket - Roman x Patton

I wanna watch World War Z

"Hey, Roro?"

Roman stood up and turned to face Patton, his boyfriend, smiling he ventured towards him, wrapping his arms around his waist. "Yes, Cookie?" He replied, kissing him sweetly. Giggling, Patton placed his hands on his chest, smiling happily.

"Could I borrow one of your jackets? Mine are in the wash" he bashfully requested, Roman obviously said yes and Patton rummaged through his walk in closet, he pulled a jacket from the shelf when he noticed something behind it. Standing on his toes he reached as far as he could, grabbing a jacket that seemed to have gotten lost at the back.

"Ooo!" He awed, in love with the jacket in his hands. Putting the other one away he quickly put the jacket he found on and bounced to Roman.

"Roro!"

Smiling, Roman looked over his shoulder. "Did you..." Roman stopped, turning his body fully to stare at what he was wearing. "...find one" he finished quietly, smile dropping into a frown, his eyebrows kitting together.

"Where did you find this?" He asked in a hushed voice, gliding his hand down the jacket. Patton bit his lip, looking down at the clothes. "It was in the back, sorry, should I not wear it?"

"No, no...that's...it's fine, you look great" Roman smiled, forcing his eyes up to meet his face.

"This isn't your usual style, was it a gift?"

Roman licked his lips, shrugging while a few incoherent noises escaped his mouth, desperately trying to form a sentence.

"Well, gift, I Uh...stole it" he chuckled, obviously nervous. "It- it was-...it's nothing" Roman brushed it off but still stared at the jacket for sometime, worrying Patton, did it remind him of someone? Maybe they died...or...the jacket just struck a nerve.

"Are you sure? I can find another"

"Don't worry, Cookie, it was just a shock, for a second I thought you were..." he drifted, shaking his head. "Who?" Patton pushed, slowly reaching out to hold his hands.

"...a friend" Roman stopped, watching Patton take off the jacket and hand over to Roman. He took it gently, brushing his thumbs over the fabric, Patton watched him bring the jacket to his face and smell it for a few seconds, closing his eyes as if remembering the memories the jacket linked to.

"You can tell me, Roman" Patton said reassuringly, rubbing his arm. Roman looked at him through his lashes, sighing out softly.

"This jacket" Roman began, taking the jacket away from his face. "Belonged to my best friend, he...he took his own life" Roman cleared his throat, not letting on a shaky voice. "Oh, Roman, I'm so sorry..." Roman shook his head, looking at the jacket once more. 

"I loved him" he blurted quietly, "and I never got to tell him"

Roman passed the jacket back to Patton, brushing his hair back and forcing a smile, albeit weak.

"What was his name?"

"Virgil" Romans voice quivered, turning around to carry on what he was doing Patton snuck back upstairs, placing the jacket in the back of his closet, so Roman never had to see it unexpectedly but if he ever wanted it again it wasn't gone forever.

Patton did want to know about Virgil, but thought against asking Roman. It was in his past and Patton didn't want to put him through pain.

So, instead, he helped Roman clean and never mentioned it again.

LOL I HAD TO GO INTO MY MOTHERS ROOM TO GET WRAPPING PAPER BUT SHE LEFT THE OTHER ROOM SHE WAS IN SO I HAD TO DASH OUT AND WALK UP TO HER AWKWARDLY TO GIVE HER A HUG SO SHE WOULDNT BE SUSPICIOUS LOL

THEN SHE WENT INTO THE TOILET AND MY FATHER DRAMATICALLY GESTURED TO HER ROOM LOL IM LAUGHING-

anyway

Hope you enjoyed!