Dangerous Chess - Roman x Logan

*coUGH-*

"Are you sure you wish to do this?" Roman asked once again, hand on the handle leading to the imagination. Logan sighed, raising his eyebrow. "Roman, I know you are worried, but I do desire to play chess in the imagination" Logan insisted, placing his hand on top of Roman's. "We will be fine" Roman hesitated, but one look from Logan and he opened the door, being the gentleman and letting him step in first.

Hand in hand they traveled over the field of flowing grass, coming across a beautiful fountain surrounded by patio. Conjuring up a table and chairs, Roman pulled it back for Logan to sit down.

"Thank you" he smiled gracefully, setting up the chess board. Roman sat opposite, resting his chin on his knuckles as he watched. Logan's eyebrows dragged together ever so slightly, Roman knew this meant he was about to ask a question.

"I must ask, as it has been bothering me for awhile, why is the imagination so dangerous?" He asked, still setting down the chess pieces. Roman sighed, glancing off across the never ending enticing land you could stare at for ages and never become bored. Although, Roman learnt to not be tricked by it's beauty, as whenever he was in here panic settled in the pit of his stomach, reminding him something is always around every corner.

"Growing up Thomas imagined himself to be an actual Disney Prince. Every bad creature he made up stayed here, from the first to the most recent, many...many of them. They multiplied, with only one way of living. Ironically, their way of living is killing, I'm still surprised there's anything left..." Roman drifted, catching sight of two flying creatures over the dark woods quite far away. Mostly, everything surrounding the entrance is safe, depends how much noise you make.

Logan nodded, "so...how easy is it to die?"

Roman shrugged, resting both arms on the table while leaning forward on the chair. "Very" He whispered, watching slight fear strike through Logan's eyes. But, the prince smiled in reassurance. "I know the ins and outs of this place! Nothing gets past me, Gumdrop" he winked, making the first move as he was white.

Logan nodded, and they fully focused on the game. Although, Roman always had a hand on his sword, just incase something close was hungry...

As per usual, Logan won game after game, Roman only winning one or two, but the fanciful aspect really didn't mind, most of his concentration was put on his surroundings, even so whenever Logan would make the final move winning the game the delighted smile that crossed his features blessed Roman's eyes.

It was all going smoothly, Roman thought that they would be left alone, that was until...

"Roman!" Logan yelled, instantly the Prince was in action, ducking away from the two large claws that nearly picked him up. In the air, flying around them in circles was the dreaded dragon witch...

"Logan! Run!" Roman demanded, standing in front of his love.

"Logan?" The dragon witch questioned, setting down on the ground.

"Oh, finally letting the others in here?" She sneered at Roman. The royals glare hardened, sword pointed at her chest. Logan looked her up and down, smiling a polite smile.

"Greetings, Witch" Logan nodded, packing away the game. Roman stared at the two in bewilderment, were they...friends?

"You two...know each other?"

"He knows how to deal with a threat calmly, unlike you, you'll attack anything on sight"

Roman huffed, gritting his teeth together. "You of all creatures should know the horrors of this place..."

"I do, but sometimes not everything is evil"

Clenching his jaw, Roman watched the two chat like they'd been friends for years. Eventually, Roman walked away, leaning on a tree as he waited for his boyfriend and enemy to stop being such best friends.

"You seem agitated" Logan commented, silently heading towards him. Roman caught sight of the dragon witch flying away, he turned to Logan and scanned him up and down, relaxing because he was okay. "I'm fine" Roman replied, pulling Logan into a long kiss.

"Next time, tell me if you become friends with anything here, though"

Logan pulled out his cards, flipping through them until he came across the one he needed.

"Do not be so salty"

Roman blinked, and sighed, turning and walking away.

"Wait! Did I not use it right?!"

Thank for the request!