Demons & Angels - Virgil & Patton

Pretty sure you'll like the song ^^

AU

The world was divided in two. One side for Angels, the other for Demons. They had wars in the past, but for now both sides are happy to ignore the other and live their lives peacefully. Throughout an Angels life they are told to never go near a Demon and if they see one to run away until they find more Angels.

Demons are told...nothing. None of them are curious, anyway. For them it's like Angels down exist, or at least Angels are like their always-scared little brother that they ignore most of the time.

The border between both sides is half the size of an Average Demon - Angels are always slightly shorter - and not really stopping anyone from climbing over. But no one does, anyway. Why would they?

One day an Angel named Patton was flying through the air happily, following a butterfly and not realising he was nearing the border between lands.

A Demon named Virgil was laying on his side right next to the white fence, staring up at the cloudy sky. From his peripheral vision he spotted the carefree Angel and quickly sat up, staring at him with wide eyes. From watching the Angel it was obvious he wasn't paying attention to the world around him.

Jumping up Virgil hesitated, what should he do?

Working up the courage he called out. "Hey!"

This seemed to snap the Angel from his thoughts, he paused midair, taking in his surroundings and gasping when he saw the Demon. Flying down he looked the Demon over, worry filling his wide brown eyes, confusing the Demon.

"You're hurt" Patton murmured softly, staring at the cut on the Demons cheek. Turning his head the Demon shrugged, "you shouldn't care..."

Ignoring his remark Patton went through his bag until he pulled out a tissue and water, soaking the tissue he stood up and motioned the Demon closer.

"W-why?"

"I won't hurt you, let me help" Patton leaned on the fence, he looked sincere and worried but that's what Angels do, they lie. Because they're Angels they can easily trick people into thinking their kind, when in reality Angels will kill with no mercy.

They might be named Angels but they're Demons in disguise.

In fact, they're more evil than Demons, which is why Demons never ask.

But, Virgil stepped forward anyway, letting the Angel tend to his injured cheek. "Why d'you want to help?" The Angel stuck out his tongue in concentration, placing a plaster over the cut and smiling in content. "Because I...I like to help!" He replied, picking up his bag.

"Hm, well...thanks" Virgil mumbled, scratching his neck.

"Why are you here?" Patton pondered, flying up to sit on the fence on the Demons side. Taking a few steps back Virgil shrugged, "I...wanted to get away, for awhile"