The Man In The Abandoned House 2 - Virgil x Thomas & Patton x Logan

*hiccup*

AU

"Kiddo, you've been fascinated by that house for a year now..." Patton drifted, standing close to Virgil who sat by the large window, eyes solely focused on the house across the beach.

Yes, it's been a little over a year since the last time Virgil saw Roman, in that time a lot has happened, he and Thomas becoming official, Patton and Logan marrying, more people moving into the village and people moving away, but everyday Virgil always had to get a glimpse of that abandoned building, otherwise he'd be thinking about it until he does.

"So? I met and touched a literal ghost" he defended, standing up and pushing the chair back under the table, crossing the living room to the kitchen where he grabbed himself a drink, turning to Patton who followed, a smile resting on his lips.

"Now that me and Logan are married..." he slowly grinned, making Virgil raise his eyebrow, brain flooding with possible endings to whatever Patton was about to say.

"We're thinking of...having kids" watching Virgil's eyes widen in astonishment, he giggled brightly, plucking something out of his back pocket. "And I know this place would be a little crowded...so" he hung keys in front of Virgil's face, watching confusion swim in his dark brown eyes, slowly taking a small step back.

What is Patton implying?

"Me and Logan got the house for you" Patton gestured to the house across from them, shock mixing with surprise and a hint of happiness across Virgil'a face, lips sealed shut, speechless.

"It's yours" handing the keys over, Patton bobbed on his feet. "It'll need work, but people in the village agreed to help out! It will be a team effort! They've always wanted to clean it up, anyway" Patton explained giddily, quickly taking a step closer as he saw tears brimming Virgil's eyes.

"Kiddo-?"

Virgil crashed into Patton, hugging the Father-like friend so tightly, Patton couldn't help but giggle softly and hug back.

"Thank you" Virgil whispered, sniffling as tears hit Patton's neck.

"Awh, Kiddo! It's okay!"

The next day, many people arrived with much needed garden equipment so they'd actually be able to get to the house. With their joint effort, they were able to clean the path, straighten out the overgrown hedges, remove the brambles and weeds, while also making jokes and becoming close with the people they knew the least.

The more older people even reminisced about Roman, Virgil making sure to listen in each time, hearing about how much Roman loved to act, sing, perform for the kids, and how much he loved his family. It was truly tragic how he died at such a young age, but everyone said how he helped more people than they think he even realised.

As the sun began to set, everyone started walking back home, leaving Virgil, Patton, Logan and Thomas to stand on the stone floored front yard, a fence half the height of a human blocking them off from falling down the wall to the beach. During this time of year, the water did like to come in nearly to the wall, so it would be impossible to get to the house without the path that was cut out this morning.

"This is cute" Patton commented, sitting on an old metal chair, in front of a table with a broken glass top, another metal chair opposite. They were rusted and green, but still added to the charm. Logan sat opposite and they stared out at the setting sun, Thomas walking up beside Virgil who was staring through a window at his chair.

"Teddy?" Thomas smiled softly, rubbing Virgil's shoulder. Glancing at Thomas, he shot him a small smile, turning back to the window and sighing out.