Be Yourself - Logan x Patton

Hombre del océano

Hombre del océano

Patton walked into the living room sophisticatedly, hands behind his back, a neutral expression on his face. He glanced at Logan and smiled before shaking his head and dropping his smile into a line.

Logan did a double take at his boyfriend, taking in his attire.

"Patton, are you wearing one of my neck ties?"

"Nope! -I mean, No, I am wearing one of my own"

"You...wear...neckties?"

Patton nodded and sat down next to Logan, making a thick book appear in his hands, flipping to the first page Logan watched him ludicrously, too flabbergasted for words. As much as it amazed Logan to see Patton reading, he knew something was up. Placing his bookmark Patton made for him awhile go in his book he set it on the table, turning his body to face Patton who looked bored out of his mind but he carried on reading the big book as if it was actually entertaining him.

"Patton, Love, you are reading a dictionary" Logan just realised, Patton looked at the front cover, a blush coating his cheeks but he pushed it down. "I am, why do you ponder?"

'Why do you ponder?' Logan mouthed, obviously confused. "I...It does not matter, is everything alright?"

"Of course, everything is ad..adequate" Patton struggled, clearing his throat to try and bring Logan's attention away from the mistake. "Love, as much as I adore your attire I must ask; why?"

Patton chewed his lip, pulling it from his teeth after. Sitting up straight Patton folded his hands on his lap.

"Because it looks nice, don't you think?"

"It looks wonderful, neckties are my personal favourite but not yours. Where is your cat-cardigan I got for you?"

Patton once again chewed his lip nervously, "I um...thought it was...childish?"

"Patton, you are the heart. Typically, you can be adorably childish or hilariously Dad-like. This...this is not you, this is me. Why are you doing this?"

Patton sighed, deflating from his straight position and playing with the end of the tie. "I wanted to be more like you so...you'll like me more"

"What?"

"I annoy you by being too childish, so I tried...being more like an adult which made me act like you. I'm sorry" Logan shuffled closer, his arm hesitating between wrapping around Pattons waist or shoulders. Eventually, we went for the waist, which invited Patton to lean into his side, staring at the ground solemnly.

"Love, you may annoy me sometimes but no more than Thomas or the other two, it is merely...how do I word this..." he thought for a few seconds, "merely how I am" he tried to explain.

"Your childish behaviour does not annoy me per-se but I act as if it does, because that is...how I am, but if I were honest I would miss your puns and child-like ways if you ever stopped. I fell in love with you, not myself"

Patton sniffled, looking up at Logan past his hair that fell over his eyes. "R-really? You mean that?"

"Of course-"

"Awwww! Logy!" Patton squealed, tackling Logan into a tight hug. The logical trait chuckled, hugging him back.

"There is the Patton I know"