Guardian Angel 3 - Logan x Patton

AU

AU

Logan sighed out heavily, leaning on the front door with closed eyes. From the living room he could hear his two roommates - Roman and Virgil - presumably playing a video game from how much screaming they were doing. Neatly placing his shoes on the rack, he walked through towards the stairs, his face devoid of emotion as usual.

"Hey, nerd!" Roman called, pausing his game and jumping up in front of Logan, stopping his movement. "Would you like to play with us?"

"No thank you, Roman" Logan replied, sounding dead tired.

"You okay, dude?" Virgil questioned, leaning back against the couch. Logan sighed again, dragging a hand down his face. Roman frowned, glancing at Virgil to see if he knew anything but the roommate just shrugged, concerned for his friend.

"Is it work?"

"No...no work is fine, better than fine" Logan reassured, letting Roman take him to the couch. "Then what's up?" Virgil asked casually, throwing the controller onto the coffee table carelessly. Logan slumped, did he want to confess what was wrong? What was wrong ever since he moved out from his parents house?...did he ever want to tell them he lost a friend because he was scared to be seen as weird?

Logan thought Patton left completely on that fateful day, but in work earlier as he was about to be accidentally shoved he felt a warmth tug him away, a worker fell to the place he just stood. Patton is here, he knew it, but that makes things worse. Logan feels fucking terrible for ever telling Patton he didn't want him, he literally was the only person there for him, Patton went out of his way to protect Logan and that was how he repaid him? Telling him to hide again? Telling him he doesn't need him when in reality he does?

"I need him" Logan broke, angry with himself. Roman furrowed his eyebrows together, he had never seen Logan in this state before, him and Virgil didn't know what to do. "Need who?" Virgil tried, sitting closer to his distressed friend. Logan covered his stinging eyes, holding back tears that threatened to spill.

Then...a warmth covered him.

"I'm still here"

"I'm sorry" Logan choked, lips trembling.

"Sorry for what?" Roman chewed his lip, deciding to shuffle back a little to give Logan space. Logan sniffled, breathing in deeply. He needed Patton, more than anything, somehow only now did he realise it. He's been lonely and cold for too long, if no one else could bring him the comfort he needed, the warmth that he desired, then he'd be with Patton...even if people thought he was insane.

As his hands dropped, warmth surrounded them.

"What do you want me to be?"

"Here. With me" Logan replied instantly, but nothing happened. "Please...I am so sorry" Logan whimpered, finally starting to scare his roommates. They wanted to help but what could they say?

"I am here. Be more specific, smart boy"

Logan chuckled weakly.

"I want you to be real"

"Whatever you want"

Suddenly, Logan could see the hands holding his own. A smile started to form as he stared into Pattons eyes that were once again bright and full of life. But this time...Logan wasn't the only human who could see him.  "WHAT THE HELL?!" Roman screamed, jumping behind the couch.

Logan flinched, spinning around. He saw Virgils terrified expression, quickly turning back to Patton for an explanation. "You wanted me to be real!" Patton giggled, fluttering his wings. "Now I am!"

"Patton...you are brilliant!"

"I know" Patton giggled, pulling logan into a hug that lifted them both a few inches off the ground.

It took a lot of explaining from both Logan and Patton until Virgil and Roman - kind of - understood what Patton was and how he had...wings. But, nevertheless, Logan's roommates were happy for him...happy that he had his friend back, a friend they knew would be something more.

"I never want you go to again" Logan spoke to Patton who finally finished exploring his room. The angel giggled, wrapping his arms around Logan's neck, the warmth surrounding Logan which always made him feel safe and comforted. Like someone cared for him.

"I never want to leave again" Patton whispered, nuzzling his nose against Logan's, giggles from both filling the room. Logan found his arms coiled around Pattons waist, subtly bringing him closer.

"Is there a possibility that you can be more than... a friend?" Logan quietly questioned, feeling a blush rise on his cheeks.  Patton chuckled, leaning in closer.

"I can be whatever you want" Patton whispered.

"Then...can you be my boyfriend?" Pattons eyes shone with happiness, a bright grin stretching across his face that was still as adorable as ever.

"I would want nothing more" patton whispered, leaning in fully to connect their lips in a kiss full of fireworks.

"Patton?" Logan whispered breathlessly after pulling away

"Hmm?" He hummed, holding Logan impossibly closer.

The smarter man smiled.

"Thank you"

"Thank you, too"

AN END TO AN ERA!

thank for reading!