The Devil's Number One - Patton x Satan

Ohmygod i can't believe i'm going to write this-

It's the real Satan, by the way, not me.

THIS WAS A REQUEST, BYYYY THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AU

Little backstory. Ahem:

Patton was quite young at the time, he probably didn't understand the terrible consequences, but he needed a friend, and this was definitely one way of making one.

Summoning Satan was the hard part, now all he had to do was sell his soul for a friend. That's normal...right?

Satan doesn't usually let people summon him, if he did he would be popping up all over Earth, but as it hasn't happened in awhile he thought: why not?

The request wasn't too hard or extreme at all, nothing like selling your soul for immortality, or magic powers, the kid just wanted a friend. He laughed, thought why not and shook Pattons hand, not realising he basically gave away his spare time to hanging out with a human.

For the first few years everyday Satan prayed - ironically - for Patton to be killed some way or another, accident or not, so he could finally be free but once Patton turned eighteen he started to become more bearable. He wasn't too emotional, and learned how to protect himself. He still trusted a lot of people who shouldn't be trusted but through the years Satan watched (and helped) him become better.

Around Pattons thirties he still looked like a young twenty year old, somehow becoming more adorable. Obviously his good looks didn't go unnoticed, a friend asked him out and they dated for a few years, Patton still spending a lot of time with his childhood friend no one else knew about.

At the time Satan didn't know he was jealous, but he was, all he wanted to do was torturously murder Pattons boyfriend but he also wanted to keep Patton happy.

The boyfriend eventually proposed, Patton was thrilled and instantly said yes, Satan watching with a scowl.

It was only the night before the wedding did Satan find Pattons soon to be husband cheating on him with a girl. Satan knew he shouldn't have been trusted. It took awhile for Patton to get over it but Satan unknowingly helped him everyday by just being there, being a shoulder to cry on.

Patton never fell in love with a human again, his heart belonging to a different kind but he would never say, he didn't want to lose his best friend.

Years passed. Satan never left.

Only on Pattons death bed did their true feelings finally reveal. Patton knew he was about to die so...why not?

The room was quiet and close to dark, some light pouring in from the cloudy outside. After the cheating incident Patton didn't become close with anybody. It was only him and Satan.