Broken Wing - Logan x Patton & Roman x Virgil

I got the fairy idea from IAM90SMOM in their book "The Giant's Servant" it's really good, so I recommend you check it outttttttt ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻👉🏻👉🏻👉🏻

Daaaamn this is a long OneShot, aha —— 6404 words

AU

Logan flew through the village as quickly as he could, book clasped tightly to his chest. Dodging past the other fairies as he did, he stopped outside of Virgil's hut, breathing in deeply and straightening himself out before entering.

"Logy!" Patton exclaimed, his wings fluttering in excitement as he raced to his boyfriend, wrapping him in a tight hug.

"Greetings, Love" Logan replied, hugging him shortly, turning to Virgil who had his head in Roman's lap, staring at the ceiling.

"Virgil, I have found a solution!" Logan was so happy with what he found he couldn't contain his excitement, making Patton grin and giggle quietly.

"The solution to what? Princey's annoyance?" Virgil snorted, his boyfriend holding a hand over his heart, mock hurt.

"I am not-"

"Roman, shut up. This is important" Roman shot Logan a glare with no real hate, shuffling forward as Virgil sat up. He dragged the coffee table over, laying the book he was holding onto it, causing a loud thud. Kneeling beside him, Patton watched him flick through the thick book to find the right page.

"What is it, Logan?"

"The solution for Virgil's broken wing" he replied hurriedly, still skimming through the pages, cursing himself he didn't bookmark the page.

Virgil gasped, leaning back a bit. His broken wing was a...touchy subject, one he preferred no one brought up. It happened at a very young age, he was flying to school normally, taking the short cut as he usually did - even though the shortcut was banned to every fairy - when suddenly a creature from the long grass jumped and attacked him. Now, fairies weren't tiny, they were human size, (in fact humans don't exist in this world anymore-) so that creature was giant.

Screaming in fear, Virgil tried to defend himself as all fairies are taught at a young age, but it was strong. Before any of the fighter fairies could get to him, the creature ripped his left wing, leaving him on the ground, never to be able to fly again. Unfortunately, there isn't a fixable procedure for broken wings, luckily Virgil had Roman, Logan and Patton to help him through it, so they knew never to mention it unless absolutely necessary.

"Logan...please" he begged quietly, looking down. Roman frowned, delicately wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"Aha!" Logan spun the book around, pointing to the faded picture on the book. It was of a fairy with a broken wing, placing in undetectable ingredients into a pot. On the next page, it shows the fairy drinking it, and their wing slowly regenerating.

"We can fix your wing" Patton whispered, shocked.

Virgil stammered, slowly standing up and walking away, fiddling with his sleeves. "G-guys...I...that's pretty old..a-and if it does work, why doesn't the head fairy know?"

Logan sighed, closing the book but this time, folding the page so it is easily accessible. "It is an old book, so old it wasn't on the shelves in the library. It was...dated back when humans were still alive" this elicited shocked gasps from each of them as Roman rushed towards Logan, holding a hand over his mouth.

"You know we never talk about...them"

"I know" Logan sighed, moving his hand away. "But even so, they helped us, a long time ago they showed us how to fix our wings. The war made us think all humans hated us, but that is the complete opposite. Most of them were friends with us, and we killed them all. Who is really in the wrong?"