Eight Hours Of Sleep - Logan x Patton

AU

AU

"I'll go wake up Ashley!" Patton announced, jumping up from his spot on the couch.

"No, you will not" Logan replied, turning over the page in the book held in his hands. Patton stared at Logan for a few seconds, bewildered. Did...Logan just tell him not to wake their child up on a school day?

"Why? Is he ill?" Patton worried, their two friends - Roman and Virgil - also completely shocked.

"No, but remember last night? We lost track of time, Ashley got to sleep at one am - do you know what that means?"

"You're bad parents...?" Roman offered, earning a glare from Logan.

"No - it means he has only gotten six hours of sleep. He should be getting eight, and he will not be awoken until he does" Logan concluded is argument, turning most of his attention back to the book he had almost finished. Nodding slowly, Patton sat back down on the couch, smiling at how much Logan cared. He might be persistent on Ashley's school work but he still put his own health over everything.

He was truly the best Dad.

Later that morning Ashley crept down the stairs, rubbing his blue and green eyes. "Guys...?" He questioned, standing by the couch still wearing his pyjamas indicating he just woke up.

"It's nine thirty...I'm late for school"

"We know" Patton grinned, looking up from the video game playing on the tv, the faint noises of Roman and Virgil arguing amusing Ashley. "But Logan wanted you to have eight hours of sleep!"

"It is necessary for a good, health, sleeping schedule" he replied, flicking his gaze to his son. "Now, go get dressed" Ashley nodded with a small smile, dashing back up the stairs to get ready.

Logan felt a warm body press against him, arms wrapping around his waist. "You're the best, Logy" he whispered, making the intellectual man smile slightly.

"I only want the best for our son"