Problematic Past - Patton x Roman x Logan x Virgil

Dw i'n ddim yn hoffi bodoli

AU

Patton hated having an off day, they didn't come often to him, but when they do it leaves him useless when helping on of his boyfriends. He wants to always be there for them, be someone they could go to when they were upset, like this...it was hard for Patton to pretend to be happy.

The reason why he hated this certain day particularly, is because his brain brought up memories from school, when one of his boyfriends - Roman - used to bully him. It was mostly harmless, never anything physical, mostly verbal to bring down Patton's mood. It was childish behaviour, Roman would never dream about hurting anyone like that ever again, and even to this day Roman was very conscious of his past actions, but they all kept reminding him it was in the past, and he didn't have to worry.

Sometimes, though, due to the fact Patton did like Roman back then, the words stung more than they would if he didn't, some of them even...stuck.

So, he sat on the corner of the couch, playing mindlessly with the sleeve of his cat hoodie, a frown resting on his lips.

At this point, Virgil and Logan were tiding upstairs, leaving Roman to be the only one who saw him upset. "Cookie?" Roman called softly, grabbing Patton's attention. Before he could plaster on a smile, Roman had already caught on to the fact he wasn't okay. "What's wrong?" He questioned, reaching out to gently stroke his cheek.

Patton tilted his head down, dropping the sleeve and shaking his head. "Roman, it's okay..." he drifted, which only made Roman more worried. "Cookie, you can talk to me.."

"Please, Roman, I'm fine" he pushed, moving away from the fanciful man, hurt flashing through his eyes. "Are you sure-?"

"Roman...please" Patton begged, tears beginning to roll down his cheeks. He wasn't trying to be rude to Roman, he just didn't want to tell him, knowing it would upset his boyfriend.

At this point, Logan and Virgil entered the room, instantly spotting the crying Patton and distressed Roman. "What happened?" Virgil quickly interrogated, sitting beside Patton and bringing him into a hug. "Ah...Patton? Is this about..?" Logan drifted, watching Patton nod softly and hide his face in Patton's shoulder, ashamed.

Roman looked over at Logan, confused and worried. Logan sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. "He is upset about the past. When you...bullied him" Logan explained, watching the crestfallen expression fall onto Roman's face. Logan did feel guilty for Roman, he understood he wasn't the kindest to all back in school, but Logan and Virgil have both gotten over it, it seems as though Patton is still affected, which leads to the question: why does he like Roman romantically?

Unless he was lying, but Patton wouldn't do that, he's not one for being deceitful.

Roman turned to face Patton and opened his mouth but quickly shut it, realising at this point it'd be better to let him cry than to try and apologise. Slowly arising, he sent Logan a weak smile before disappearing up to his room, gently locking the door behind him so he could be alone for awhile. Logan sighed, raising an eyebrow at Virgil who glanced down at Patton, not knowing who to feel sympathetic for. Yes, Roman was a complete dick back in school, but he's changed so much - for the better - and Patton bringing it up again....

Hugging Patton closer, Virgil motioned for Logan to go after Roman. The more smarter of the bunch nodded and hurried along, knocking on the white door and waiting for any sort of response.

"Roman?"

"Gumdrop...may I be left alone for awhile?" Roman replied, voice wavering. Logan's eyes softened, he wasn't one for emotions but he knew Roman is either crying or nearly about to. "Are you sure?"

"Y-Yeah" he called, voice cracking.

Licking his dry lips, Logan said he'd be back in ten minutes before quietly heading back to the living room, silently telling Virgil he wasn't okay.

The next few days in their house was quiet. Roman kept to himself when usually he was the loudest out of them all, while Patton tried to find the best way to apologise, but whenever he tried Roman cut him off, telling him he did nothing wrong and it was all his fault.

One night, Patton had had enough.

Quietly getting out of bed as to not disturb Logan or Virgil, he padded down the hallway to Roman's room, quietly walking in and shutting the door. Noticing Roman was awake, Patton silently slipped into his bed, letting the unusually quiet man cuddle up to him, hiding his tear stained face in his chest.

"I'm sorry" Roman whispered brokenly, feeling Patton wrap his arms around him tightly.

"Don't apologise, Roro" he whispered, kissing his head. "You didn't do anything wrong! I was being silly, I love you so much, and I forgive you for your childish ways" he smiled softly, lifting his face to stare into his glossy eyes. Pressing a soft kiss to his lips, he smiled as Roman did, too.

"I love you, too, Cookie"

Thank for the request!