Birthday Boy - Patton x Virgil

Slowly but surely getting through these requests lol

Patton jolted awake, rubbing the sleep from his eyes he jumped up, rushing to his bedroom door. Looking at the dog-themed calendar on the wall today was his birthday! Excited, he sprinted to the living room and hopped onto the couch, head landing next to Virgils lap.

Anxiety flinched but smiled slightly when he saw Pattons face peeking up at him through his hair.

"Hi!" He spoke giddily.

It was hard for Virgil to not say happy birthday but he wanted Pattons birthday to be a surprise.

"Sup" he spoke casually, turning his attention back to his phone. Patton faltered slightly but didn't let it affect his mood. Standing up he waved to Roman who leaned against the walls in a weird position. Kinda like when someone says "act casual!" And you go into the first position you can think of.

But Patton didn't notice.

Roman waved back, almost losing balance.

Patton twiddled with his thumbs, finally looking at Logan who had his head buried in a book. They must've forgot.

That's okay! Patton thought, they don't need to remember his birthday, anyway.

Leaving the room he chewed his lip, standing in the middle of his room. Cleaning the few tears away he decided to have his own party and invite the others!

Changing into his usual clothes he blew up balloons with helium, playing with the helium afterwards, he put up quick drawings of him with the sides, one eating a birthday cake, the others just him having fun with the others.

It was really makeshift, but it would do for Patton. He never asked for much, anyway.

Having some food on plates and setting them on his desk he decided against calling the others, if they forgot his birthday they probably wouldn't want to come, anyway.

Putting on the campfire song he sang along happily, dancing with a teddy in his arms.

Meanwhile...

"That should do" Roman smiled, leaning back to admire his masterpiece. Logan placed plate of food on the coffee table, also taking a gander at Romans decorations.

"Roman, I never realised how skilled you are at decorating" Logan admired, smiling at the royal who beamed.

"Thank you! I am the best, aren't I?" He giggled, turning to Virgil who played some music in the background.

"Yeah, looks good" Virgil nodded, Romans heart swelled in pride, Virgil wasn't one for complimenting things often.

"I'll get him" Virgil spoke, doing a two finger salute before appearing in front of Pattons door.

He could hear Patton singing which made him smile slightly, opening the door he glanced around, seeing the child-like decorations strung up, with the discarded remnants of food on the desk and his teddies placed everywhere.

"Hi, Angel!" Patton giggled. "D'you wanna stay for my party?" He asked, humming in delight while hugging a cute teddy to his chest.

Virgil stammered. "Your party?"

Patton nodded, "you guys forgot - which is fine! - so I threw a party for myself! You can leave if you want...but I'd miss you!" Patton smiled slightly, fidgeting with the teddy.

"Oh, Bambi..." Virgil frowned, holding his hand out. "Come with me" Patton followed, bringing his teddy with him.

They entered the living room and Patton gasped, seeing all the birthday decorations based around him and what he liked. "Oh, you didn't forget!" Patton exclaimed, jumping up and down. The happy side hugged Virgil tightly, thanking him a few times.

"Happy birthday, Patton" Logan spoke once Patton wasn't hugging Virgil anymore. He braced for the hug Patton quickly gave, also hugging Roman.

"You guys are the flipping best!" He cheered happily, rushing around the room to admire everything.

"We only got you one gift" Roman spoke up, watching Virgil hold the rather large box. "But I think you'll be thrilled" he added, watching the child-like trait stare at the box curiously.

"Be careful with it, it's fragile" Virgil advised, placing the box on the ground gently. Patton nodded and softly undid the bow, pulling the lid to reveal a small golden retriever. He gasped, hands flying to his mouth, teddy long forgotten.

"PUPPY!"

He yelled, picking up the puppy in his arms, laughing happily when it licked his face. "Everything bad in the world is out-numbered by this" Virgil commented, watching his absolutely, utterly, adorable boyfriend play with the equally as cute puppy.

"So pure!" Roman grinned, Logan mumbling in agreement, a look of satisfaction crossing his features.

"He's yours so...look after him, okay?" Virgil smiled. Patton nodded quickly, "Yes! He'll have the best, safest life ever!" He squealed, rubbing his tummy with a cute laugh.

"What are you naming him?" Logan inquired, watching Patton think for a few seconds. "Jack!" He concluded, watching the puppy's ears perk up.

"Yes, you're Jack!"

He barked happily, pawing Patton shirt, Patton could faint from how cute it was.

"Thank you! This is the best birthday ever!" Patton exclaimed, hugging the dog close but not to tight.

"You're welcome, Bambi"

Thanks for the request!