Midnight Walk - Virgil x Logan

"DIDJAPUTYERNAMEINDAGOBLETOFFIRE!?!?!?!"

Dumbledore asked calmly

I've-Jesus Christ, I knew I shouldn't of watched all the 'Arry Pottah movies

Point out any typos please!

*people who want to point at themselves but can't because I didn't put mistakes sigh in despair, letting their emo fringes cover one eye, woefully wishing their parents understood that...it's not a phase, Mom*

It should be down here... Virgil thought, turning a corner and stopping his tracks when he realised he was on another street he didn't recognise. Worrying, he turned back and tried a different way but paused again, finally digesting he was lost in the streets at - he checked the time - two in the morning.

His heart rate accelerated as he spun around, trying to find anything to distinguish but he couldn't see anything, no land marks, no similar houses, nothing. This was completely new and different and terrifying. Noticing his shortness of breath he rubbed his clammy hands on his jeans before grabbing his phone and phoning Logan, the side he trusted the most.

He would usually go for texting but his hands were shaking too much for that, it would look like he was drunk.

Leaning on the cold wall lining the street he closed his eyes and steadied his breathing best he could, the continuous ringing from the phone not helping.

Suddenly, the ringing stopped and a groggy, irritated voice floated through his ear.

"What?"

"L-Logan?" Virgil replied, cursing his stuttering. "Virgil?" Logan mumbled, Virgil could hear shuffling in the background, indicating he sat up, reliving Virgil a slight bit. "Are you having a panic attack? Do you wish for my help?"

"N-no..w-well Yes! But I-I'm not in my room.." Virgil mumbled, eyes scanning the empty street once again, becoming aware of everything around him.

"Where are you, then?"

"I-I don't know" Virgil whimpered, worrying Logan.

"Ah, your midnight walks" Logan understood, grabbing some shoes. "Can you explain your surroundings? Do not overthink, or worry, I shall be there soon"

Virgil nodded, feeling a little stupid after but he couldn't care less at that moment. "Um...I can't see a sign, th-there's a bus stop with no light...a-a park with broken swings...I-i- there's nothing else but houses-" Virgil gasped, the streetlights down the street flickering off.

"Logan, please! I-I hate the dark" he cried, falling to the floor and shuffling away from the nearing darkness, tears stinging his tired eyes.

"Virgil, I know where you are, stay calm, remember your breathing techniques and there is nothing to be scared of, the dark is not what's scary. Close your eyes and focus solely on your breathing" Logan coached calmly. Once again Virgil nodded, closing his eyes.

Logan didn't speak for awhile but Virgil ran what Logan said through his head, keeping his eyes shut tightly and head buried in his knees, after awhile he needed to hear a voice. "Logan?" He whispered, eyes shut, body trembling. "Logan?" He repeated, putting his phone in front of his face and peeking one eye open to see his phone died. Shutting his eyes again he dropped his phone and impossibly curled in on himself tighter.

Breathe, breathe, breathe

Logan will be here soon, he'll save you like he always does, he must be getting tired of you. One day he won't bother, he'll hang up and ignore you, he'll leave you to die.

Sobbing, Virgil silently yelled at the voices to go away, knowing Logan would never do that to him, Logan loves him, he knows that and for once? He won't let his bad thoughts get the better of him, Logan taught him, he helped him, why would he suddenly not care?

Fast paced foot steps in the distance made Virgil lift his head but keep his eyes firmly closed shut, he didn't know if they were Logan's...or someone else. Chewing his lip he waited for the footsteps to stop, relaxing when he heard the all comforting familiar voices.

"Virgil, Dear? Can I touch you?" Virgil nodded, tensing when Logan's hand rubbed his shoulder. "You are alright, I am here. Can you stand?"

Virgil nodded and reached toward Logan, relaxing when his hand clasped around his own. Helping him stand Logan hugged the frightened side into his arms, Virgil never cracking open his eyes once the entire walk home, Logan didn't mind walking slower and helping Virgil when a small obstacle came up, he knew it would be better if Virgil didn't see the street when it was pitch black like this. Although, the starry sky looked absolutely wonderful.

"We are here" Logan murmured, pushing open Thomas's front door and leading Virgil inside. Seeing the light behind his eyes Virgil finally opened them, spotting a worried looking Thomas pacing the living room.

"Talk to him" Logan advised, nodding Virgil walked up to his host and tapped his shoulder, flinching as he spun around, eyes widening and relief flooding through him.

"Virgil" he breathed, putting both hands on his forearms, hesitant on giving a hug incase Virgil didn't want one. "Are you alright?" Virgil nodded, head dropping from lack of energy. Thomas smiled, letting Logan take him into his arms. "Keep him safe" Thomas murmured.

Logan looked down at the boy in his arms, smiling. "Why would I not? Goodnight, Thomas"

"Night, Lo"

His sides disappeared and Thomas fell back asleep in his bed.

Not surprisingly, Virgil slept in Logan's bed that night.

Thanks for the request!