To a Calm Morning

I walked around close to the floor clicking my tounge. "Sponge?? Where are youu" I asked looking for her. I haven't seen Sponge since yesterday. I'm hoping she didn't run away out of fear. I sucked my teeth and kept calling out for her. I eventually kneeled on the floor stopping in exhaustion. "Spongee" I whined getting tired of this. It was early in the morning and this was the first thing I was doing. I couldn't sleep in fear of something happening again. I heard a door slowly opening. I turned and there was Sponge walking through the space of the door. "Hi Sponge!" I said walking to her. I sat down and picked her up. I placed her in my lap and petted her. The morning felt more calm then, like whatever happened yesterday didn't happen. Nightmare walked out of his room yawning. He stopped in the doorframe and stretched dramatically. A few minutes went by and I was getting bored of watching this already. "Good morning drama king" I said petting Sponge. Nightmare paused and glanced at me. "Good morning-" he responded. "Did you know that Sponge was in your room?" I asked him. He walked over to me, "No, she was probably hiding". "Hm" I responded, then stood up holding Sponge. "Wanna check on the others?? I still don't trust the two guys" Nightmare said. "I know what happened makes us kind of hate people- But let's give them a chance" I replied. "I just can't help but thing they're trying to take us out from the inside" Nightmare says with a sort of raspy voice. He wss angry and had just woken up, not a good mix. "They may have certain skills that can help us rebuild Nightmare" I tried convincing him. "Fine" he sighed, "One fuck up and they're out of here". I nodded "Let's go down then". He nodded as well and followed me downstairs. Blade was still asleep on the couch across from the coffee table. Wolfie had to stay in the medic house overnight. They had a twisted ankle and multiple injuries from the explosions. There also wasn't a sign of Harly, Jk, or Matthew. Nightmare insisted to make something to eat while I checked on Wolfie. I walked outside and the sky had a mix of blue and grey. There was still smoke coming from certain places. The air felt hotter then usual and the smell of dust was unbearable. I walked aeound debris covering my mouth. I was getting sick of the mix of everything in air. I walked into the medic house and saw Harly and Jk. Harly was looking through cabinets and Jk was sat next to Wolfie's bed. "Good morning guys" I said closing the door and walking in. "Hi bitch" Wolfie responded. I paused at those words but tried to ignore it. "Stay still so I can change your bandages" Harly said walking to Wolfie. "Fine" they exclaimed relaxing their muscles. Jk got up and stepped back, "Hey Summer". There was something unexplainable there. For a stranger Jk felt naturally safe like there was nothing to worry about. I know Nightmare doesn't trust him but I feel like there's nothing to worry about. I waved at him then glared at Wolfie. "How do you feel?" I asked them. "Pretty good I guess" they responded gently. The rest of the day was sort of peaceful.