The Christmas Special

I woke up the next day exhausted. I remembered what had happened the night before. I didn't wanna get up. There was still applesauce next to me for some reason. I got up and looked around. Everything was decorated and set up. I got up then walked to the table. My dad was already cooking breakfast for us. I flipped through the pages of my notebook. I was pretty bored so I just spaced out. "Babe what is this?" my mom asked sitting at the table. I quickly glanced up. "Oh that's just something that came in the mail, Historia science" my dad responded. I paused and my eyes quickly widened. "Summer this has some of the stuff you may be interested in! We should totally go!" my mom explained. "Oh no no no I think I'm fine I-" I was cut off. "Hey you didn't want anything for Christmas, maybe that could be your gift" my dad said. "Oh n-" I was cut off again. "And look! They have a Christmas event for children" my mom said. "We should really go" she added smiling. I loved my parents but this was insane. I started coughing lightly. "Y'know I'm not feeling so good" I said. "Oh c'on we'llt ake you" my mom said putting the flyer down. I sighed gently picking up my fork. After breakfast we all got ready. I was really dreading this. We got into the car and drove over there. When we got there a bunch of people were inside. Historia really had a way of branding then. I walked in and looked around briefly. I didn't see anyone familiar for now. My parents insisted we went to get food before splitting up. I waited in line for tuna casserole. A kid hopped up and grabbed a plate over my shoulder. He accidently tapped me with the plate. "Oh no, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to" he said. "Oh no it's fine" I said turning. Echo walked up behind him. "Oh hey Echo" I said turning out of line. "Wait you guys know each other?!" the guy exclaimed. He looked younger then us but taller somehow. "Yes, if you're wondering this is Summer from the world" Echo said. His eyes widened. "Summer??" he asked. "Yeah- Where do we know each other?" I asked. "I'm Ocean!" he exclaimed pointing at himself. "Ocean?!" I asked. He nodded happily handing his plate to Echo. Echo rolled her eyes and snatched his plate. We hugged for a moment since I had food on my plate. "What are you doing here anyways. You're not supposed to be in contact with Ivy" Echo said sternly. "Oh yeah! Ivy's mean in real life" Ocean said. "I tried to refuse but my parents brought me here and they're coming to the festival in January" I explained to her. "And you can't be two places at once" Ocean continued. "Exactly" I responded. "Just tell them you're apart of the festival or something that you got the job from here" Echo said. "I guess that'd work" I said. "Have fun with your family but I swear to god if more people from the world come here" Echo said. "Then how are you and Ocean together?" I asked. "Ivy tracked him down. I'm like his mother" Echo said annoyed. I chuckled trying not to make her more mad. "Shut the fuck up" she said turning. "Just avoid Historia and my co workers. I'll be with Ocean" she said. "Ooh balloons" Ocean said walking ahead. Echo sighed frustrated. I laughed a bit then smiled. "Thanks Echo" I said waving. She paused then walked after Ocean quickly. I went back into line to get food. I sat at the seating area with my parents. We had a good laugh forgetting about the whole Ivy thing. "Oh! This event is starting soon why don't you go Summer? It's hosted by Historia" she said. "Oh I um-" I said. "Go kid" my dad said. I face palmed then walked away. I made a quick turn going the other way. I tried looking for Echo and Ocean. I finally found them in a less crowded area. "Hi Summer" Ocean said waving. "My parents told me to go to a program hosted by Historia so I'm using this as a way to pretend I went" I said. "Oh that's not good" Ocean said. "Your parents are stupid as shit" Echo said. "Shut the fuck up" I responded. Echo just laughed then got up from the stairs. Someone walked down the stairs. "Oh hello Echo, child. Who's your other friend?" they asked. I turned to see who it was then noticed the nametag. "A random person" Echo said pulling me with. I turned glancing down. "A-" Ocean said stuffing his face then running after us. Ivy smiled a bit then walked away. We spent the rest of the time in a deserted area just talking. It was eventually time to go. I said my goodbyes before being interrupted. "Well, do they have a place to stay?" my mom asked. Ocean shook his head. Echo gently hit him on the arm. "They can spend Christmas with us! If you're Summer's friends" she added. "Oh no that's fi-" Echo was cut off. "Of course!" Ocean exclaimed smiling. Echo groaned frustrated. We made it back home around night time. I sat by the fireplace with Ocean. My parents already fell asleep. "You shifting tonight?" Echo asked handing us hot chocolate. "Yeah, gotta talk to Nightmare" I said. "Oh oh you-you guys had a fight" Echo said smiling. "Stop it" I said. "C'mon be realistic" Echo said sitting down. "I-I dunno what's happening" Ocean said nervously. Echo chuckled glancing at Ocean. "Well merry Christmas guys" I said checking the time. "Merry Christmas!" Ocean exclaimed. Echo sighed then rested her head. I paused then glanced at her. She had fell asleep. I gently patted her then glanced at Ocean. "You should head to sleep" I said. "Fineee" Ocean said finishing his hot chocolate. He said good night then went upstairs to sleep. I eventually fell asleep as well.