Exploring Town

Jewl disappeared for the rest of the day. Noah barely talked since then. The next morning Ella came back. She said she patched things up with Aaron, and got us a hotel like room. Once we got there to settle down I decided to explore a bit. I kept a hood over my ears and hid my tail. I walked through alleys getting to the heart of the town. I looked at a fountain in the middle. It had a perch for someone to sit on. The statue had cracks in it resembling lightning. "I guess the kept the statue the same" someone said from behind me. My eyes widened as I turned around. Noah stood there just staring at the fountain. "I forget you used to visit here a lot" I said turning back around. He nodded slightly glancing at me. "A girl used to perform here everyday.. That fountain was a monument for her" he explained. "Who was she?" I asked glancing at him. "A sister figure, I couldn't say where she is now" he said. "I had a sister figure, I'm not sure where she is now either.." I said remembering Harly. She has been gone for a very long time now, along with me running away in real life. "Maybe there's still time to find her, I mean we have a whole kingdom unsearched" Noah said kneeling a bit to get to my height. I paused a bit then turned to face him. "Really? Then why haven't you looked for your person" I asked smiling. "Don't make me regret being nice to you." he said sternly. I covered my mouth laughing a bit. "Fine, but don't go down to my height like that. I'm not a little kid" I said pushing his head. He sighed clearly regretting this but just followed me. We talked for a bit sharing past experiences. "Would you want to see Aaron again directly? Like not in the fight" I said walking backwards. "I suppose..but what are you getting at with that?" he asked crossing his arms. "Just wondering, maybe we could go" I said glancing up to him. "Are you insane?" he asked seriously. "Yeah kind of" I said smiling. "How does Nightmare deal with you.." he said sighing. I just stopped a bit then walked forward again at the same speed. There was an awkward silence afterwards. Noah deeply sighed face palming a bit. "You really wanna meet Aaron?" he asked. I smiled glancing up at him. "C'mon" he said walking ahead. We met the end of the alley reaching another part of town. There was a small stand with a woman standing at it. "The Board of Order protects you" she said as Noah approached. "Where would I find the leader of this kingdom?" he asked avoiding saying her name. She paused a bit glaring at him. "Oh why would you ask?" she said concerned. "I represent time, I usually visit but the new layout is throwing me off" he said professionally. She glanced at his mask then nodded. "I remember you..but I'm afraid the Board of Order does not demand that I tell you this information" she said. "Does having a contact with the second in command deem more evidence?" he asked. "E-Ella?" she asked in a bit of shock. "I would've thought knowing Aaron would've been proof enough" he said running his finger around a cup. "I-I- Um" she said clearly nervous. "So how are the directions coming?" he asked tugging on her ribbon a bit. She gulped flustered but gained the courage to get the stuff. I started laughing gently replaying what just happened. "Mention this to anyone." he said sternly. "Oh I know, but I have a lot of blackmail on you noww" I said teasing. He just smiled a bit as I was clearly amusing him. She came back handing the map to him. "Well thank you ma'am. And who knows maybe I'll put a good word in to Lightning, get your pretty self a good raise" he said adding in a wink. She glanced away nervous but slipped in a thank you. I followed him off laughing still. "Who knew you were such a flirt" I said annoying him again. "I was extremely uncomfortable during that. I'm not the type to be the one to shoot the shot first" he said going back to his serious personality. "That's a shock" I said smiling. He just shook his head laughing lightly. After a walk we finally got to the marked area. There was a staircase leading up to a mansion. A statue sat in the middle symboling Aaron. I walked up the last step as Noah knocked on the door. The door swung open quickly. "Hello" a girl said at the door. My eyes widened as I glanced at her. "Harly?!"