Meeting Fire

The next morning I had slept in. Maylene was already up humming. The sound of the tunnel opening woke me up. I groaned turning. "Sorry-" she said whispering. "Mhm" I said gently. "But I was actually wondering, another duo lives near us. Would you like to meet them along with Nightmare?" she asked turning to face me. I yawned stretching to get the energy for this. "Sure" I said in a slight high pitched voice. "Alright! I'm getting ready right now so get up when you want, I'm pretty patient" she said as if not wanting to rush me. She walked to the surface leaving me there. I stretched again finally getting up. I fixed myself up walking up. They had food ready for the morning. "Hii" Serena said waving. We took a moment to eat before leaving. We followed Maylene for a while. I glanced ahead noticing a jungle in front of us. She moved the water creating a path for us to walk through. We reached the other side walking into the jungle. She signeled to quiet down sneaking around. We all hid by a fallen tree deep in the jungle. A fire set off on a tray. A girl stood in a clear area holding a fire rod. She rolled it down setting the ends on fire. She seemed to be following a song in her head, dancing to the melody. I just paused glancing at her. "Wow" me and Nightmare said on sync. We exchanged looks before ignoring each other. The girl had specific tattoos on her back. She had blonde hair and traditional clothing. She spun the rod stopping on the last note. "The people back there, did you enjoy the show?" she asked staying in place. Maylene awkwardly chuckled standing. "Hello Maylene" she said turning. "Hello Jayne!" she exclaimed smiling. "Ho- I mean hi" I said shaking my head. Nightmare just glared at me. I kicked at his ankle smiling. "O-" he whispered under his breath hopping. "Who are these two?" Jayne asked gently. "This is the youngest! And his friend" Maylene responded. "I thought Dena was the youngest" Jayne said. "Yeah, but she's not really interested in learning much. We still call this one young" Maylene said. "And what's his name?" she asked. "N-Nightmare" he responded. Jayne lightly chuckled trying not to be rude. "Nightmare? Who named you that" she asked. "I'm not even mad to be honest" Nightmare said glancing between us. I just patted him on his head. Rustling came from behind Jayne. A boy ran through hopping over the leaves. He landed strutting a proud pose. "I FINALLY DID IT" he said happily. "This is my brother Ace, we both represent fire" Jayne explained. "What would I represent? I sort of have a fire thing but not really" Nightmare asked. "How is it not really fire?" she asked. "It's like purple fire, I can also teleport" he explained. Jayne glanced at Maylene. She just shrugged confused as well. "Maybe you can visit the gem kingdom, they're more advanced at this" Jayne said. "Gem kingdom? Damn, we didn't even think there'd be a second group" I said. "Yeah, they're further from here though" she responded. "At least not as far as the electric kingdom" Maylene said. "Do you wanna go?" I asked Nightmare. He thought for a bit then nodded slightly. "This is sort of an adventure" he said. "I'm not really sure where it is but we can either rewire a portal or ask Hela" she said. I just paused thinking of her again. "I believe Serena knows coordinates" Maylene said. "Well then, it was nice meeting you guys then" Jayne said waving. We said goodbye heading back to the beach.