Unhidden

The next morning we all got ready for breakfast. We headed to the lobby where Noah and Reliane were. They decided to take us to a bakery before splitting up. "So! How's it like in the outside world? I heard you guys traveled a bit" Reliane asked smiling. Echo just sighed glancing between the two of us. "Kinda shitty" she answered chuckling. "Yeah, I wouldn't change pur life now but if I could I'd perfer to live in a city like this" I added eating my food. "And what about you Nightmare? Do you regret having a mask?" she asked glancing at him. He just stood silent for a bit as if thinking of his answer. Noah sighed deeply getting up and grabbing his coat. "I think that's enough of the questions for now Reliane." he said, a bit of anger coming to his voice. "Aww really? Time goes by so fast" she said frowning. "I'll pay the check at the register, you three can go do whatever. Just don't get in any trouble, I'll take Nightmare to sightsee" Noah explained putting his coat on. "I have to work at the librarryyy, I don't want to" Reliane said frowning. "Well I guess that just leaves me and Summer then" Echo said smiling. I just nodded before giving Nightmare a kiss. I waved goodbye as he went off with Noah. "Well good-bye children! Gotta go be an adult" Reliane said sighing. She got us leaving just us two at the table. There was just an awkward silence between me and her. "Wanna go to the pool?" Echo asked excited. "Of course" I said getting up excited as well.
   We got back to the hotel changing into bathing suits. We walked into the room seeing a few people there. I sat at the edge of the pool while Echo went to battle some kids. I just sighed deeply thinking a bit. A bunch of thoughts came to my head as I tried to relax. I knew I was positive but everyone talking about trouble worried me a bit. Were we really safe in this city? "Hey, what's on your mind?" someone asked from beside me, it was Echo. "I thought you were gonna battle kids" I said teasing her. "Eh one of them cheated and tagged me out" she answered frowning. I just chuckled amused by her slight immaturity. We both sat in silence just staring around the pool. "Summer can we talk? Seriously, I don't want you to avoid this anymore" Echo finally said. I just sighed deeply knowing this would come up again eventually. "What" I asked sternly. "What do you really want?" she asked glancing at me. "Are you serious Echo? Are you still trying to play this game??" I asked narrowing my eyebrows. "I'm not trying to play anything. I genuinely feel guilty and I wanna be reassured that that night would never happened again" she answered sitting up. "Listen, I love Nightmare. And I know us getting together was rocky and caused a lot of confusion. But I'd love to just stay friends without the awkwardness" I responded sighing again. "I'm guessing that was the answer I was looking for" she said shrugging. "Then we can try to forget about it" I added glancing back at the water. We sat in silence again as noise continued around us. A rumble ran through the room silencing everyone. My eyebrows narrowed as I sat up confused. A second rumble came followed by a scream outside the window. Everyone in the pool hurried to a panic. Packing their stuff, running out the pool, getting their children out. It turned into a manoc episode in 2 seconds. "Stay here, I'mma go look for Reliane" Echo said quickly getting up. Before I could protest she was already gone. I groaned getting up from the pool and putting a towel over me. I ran out with the rest of the crowd getting to the elevator. Sounds of fighting and chaos continued outside the building. I had to get dressed before looking for anyone else.
  I made it back down fully dressed heading over to the library. My hair was still wet from the pool but I had no time to worry about that. I ran in through the back entrance glancing around. There were people hiding by the computers staring at me like I was crazy. I just ignored it running to the front. "Echo?" I asked glancing through book aisles. The library was practically empty at the front. I just sighed walking out the front office. There were smashed cars and small fires everywhere. Everything quickly turned to chaos. I walked through the road trying to find Nightmare and Noah now. I made it to the dock looking around quickly. A blast of purple came in front of me. Nightmare quickly got up grabbing ahold of me. "Where's Echo?" he asked clearly panicked. "I don't know she left me behind at the pool and I had to get dressed- And I went to the library and now both Echo and Reliane are gone" I explained quickly. "Oh god" Nightmare said sighing. A loud noise sounded near us causing us both to turn. A woman like figure stood on the roof of the dockhouse. She had a sword in her hand lowered to her side. She slowly turned around making her face better to view. She set her blade to fire glaring directly at us.
  "Jayne?"