Getting Caught

We got back home at night. We all just stood silent as we settled down. "Are you alright?" I asked deciding to break the silence. "I guess" Nightmare responded mumbling. I sat him down playing with his hair a bit. "You seem tired" I said frowning a bit. He just stood silent. "Maybe you should get some sleep" I said patting him on the head. "No- No..I don't need to sleep" he said in a bit of a panic. I just sighed a bit concerned but continued to play with his hair. "I'm going to shift though" I said leaning back. I gently pulled him with me hugging him a bit. "Alright" he just responded glancing ahead. After a few moments of silence I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up in the real world. I groaned getting up slowly. I rolled off of Nightmare getting up to get ready. I started buttoning my shirt when a loud knock sounded at the front door. I paused glancing up a bit concerned. I heard footsteps then the door open. Loud footsteps stormed in as complaining started. I slowly opened the door a bit to listen in. "What the hell?!" Flamey yelled. "Sir you have the right to remain silent" the cop said. "So I don't pay attention in school at all but uh I watch cop shows so, DO YOU HAVE A SEARCH WARRANT" Aether yelled stubbornly. I just face palmed sighing disappointed. "Sir y-" as he continued I closed the door. I buttoned up my shirt faster then shook Nightmare. After a few moments he still wouldn't get up. "Nightmare c'monn shifftt" I said groaning. I pulled on his arm then fell on the floor. They all paused in the main room at the thud. My eyes widened as i crawled quickly. I pulled myself under the bed then turned vertically. I held onto the bottom of the bed breathing heavily. The cop bust opened the door glancing around. "HEY" he yelled with a bold tone. I heard groaning assuming Nightmare was getting up. I froze up not wanting to make a sound. "GET UP" he yelled tilting his head. I heard the sheet fall and metal banging. I glanced over trying to see somewhat what was happening. I saw the cop move pulling his arms down. Nightmare hit the floor groaning. "Get the fuck up" he growled picking Nightmare up like a ragdoll. He pulled him out of the room slamming the door. I let out a breath in relief. I felt horrible but didn't know how to react. I slid out from under the bed breathing heavily. I freed my leg just flopping on the floor. I got on my knees crawling to the door. I slowly opened it again to listen in. "Where's Summer Carlson" he asked sternly. Another cop just walked around the living room. "NOT IN THIS HOUSE!" Flamey yelled frustrated but clearly lying. "EVIDENCE LEADS RIGHT TO THIS HOUSE" he yelled back basically arguing with children. "EVIDENCE IS WRONG" he yelled staring the cop down. "I will take you kids to jail and break you" he said trying to sound intimidating. I just moved my hand to their words mocking them. "You" he said turning to Aether. "We don't have to answer questions." Flamey said sternly. "The fucking rights, follow them please" I mumbled to myself leaning against the wall. "You do realize this case can relate to literal kidnapping if you don't turn up the victim" he said still not dropping evidence. "What fucking victim?!" Flamey yelled lying still. After a bit of silence I heard struggling and hitting. My eyes widened as I got back up looking through the crack in the door. A thud sounded again as the cop stumbled back. "NIGHTMARE WHAT THE HELL" Flamey yelled genuinely frustrated. I just sighed a bit sick of this. I kicked my foot slamming the door open. The cops heads turned quickly. I just sat there waiting for them to walk over. The main cop slowly walked into the hallway glancing at the door. I glanced at him putting my hands up. "Evidence was wrong huh?" the cop asking glaring at Flamey. "It's not kidnapping if I chose to be here" I said crossing my arms. "It technically is still kidnapping" he said shrugging. I groaned getting up finally. "It's not kidnapping, just take me home leave them be" I said walking out the room. "They're still involved, they resisted arrest, assaulted a cop, and held back an investigation" he explained. I sighed face palming a bit. "We demand a lawyer" Flamey said sternly. The cop turned a bit in shock. I gave Flamey a thumbs up. "We'll handle this later, for now let's get you home" the cop said grabbing me. I shuttered a bit but let him pull me. Flamey gave him a side eye genuinely frustrated still. I couldn't bare to look at any of them right now, I felt too guilty. They left the house putting me into the car. I rested my head on my hand glancing back at the house. Aether stood in the doorway just watching us drive off.