Ch.4

"PST hey L/n." I woke up to see the man we went with.

"What?" I whispered to him.

"Walkers." He whispered and I got up making sure not to wake my sister.

"What? Walkers?" I whispered confused and followed him.

"I was on look out saw a heard coming we gotta go." He said getting everything together.

"Shit." I said and went to our room and got my things and my sister's things.

"Hey." He whispered as he popped his head in.

"Yeah?" I asked looking over my shoulder.

"I'm going to go find us a car. Watch my mother please." He said pushing his mother gently in the room.

"Of course." I said putting bags aside. I got my bow as she sat down in a chair. I stood at the door watching him leave.

"Where did my son find you at?" She asked and I smiled at her.

"The school." I said and she hummed. I looked at her noticing her dark green hair. That's so strange.

I heard a noise and aimed my crossbow. Only to see the tall man.

"Ok I got one we need to leave now." He growled and I nodded my head for his mother to go first. She did I tried to wake my sister up. She refused like a kid does. I sighed and looked at the man.

"Mom can you carry a 6 year old?" He asked her and she nodded.

"Of course." She said and I smiled. I picked my sister up and handed her over.

"I'm sorry she's stubborn sometimes." I said and got our stuff.

The man went out the building first then his mom then me. We slowly walked to a truck and he helped his mom put my sister in the car as I watched their backs.

After that we made sure his mom got in ok and we went to the other side. When on the other side something grabbed my ankle and I fell. I shelled my face when I hit the ground. I looked at my foot to see a dead guy crawling up my legs. He growled as blood came out its mouth and on my pants. I tried to wiggle out his grip but I couldn't. I whimpered struggling but then I saw a knife be stabbed in his head. I followed the hand up seeing the man.

"Come on." He said helping me up. I picked up my crossbow and got in the back.

"Thanks." I said and he glanced in the mirror.

"No problem." He said and I looked to my sister who was still sleeping.

I shook my head and looked out the window as we past some what I guess was dead people. The air was nice and cool in the car so I quickly fell asleep.

Later

We ran out of gas and are now on the side of the road. I sighed getting everything and following Midoriya.

We got to a small clearing we set things up.

"I'll go hunt something down for us to eat." I said rubbing my sister's shoulder.

"Ok I'll get some wood. Mom set up the perimeter." Midoriya said and my sister looked up at me.

"What do I do?" She asked and I glanced at Midoriya.

"How about you go help get some fire wood. Stay next to him at all times ok." I said and she nodded.

"Keep her safe ok I'm trusting you." I said to him and he nodded.

"Mom you have your gun?" He asked and she nodded and we went our separate ways.

It took me a hour to track a deer down. I dragged it all the way back to our small camp. They were sitting by a fire quietly.

I dragged the deer into camp.

"This should feed us for a couple days." I said sitting down and starting to skin it.

"Yeah that's more then enough. I didn't know you could hunt." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah we both can but I don't want her out there by herself isn't that right." I said to my sister who only smiled at me. She didn't like strangers much so she's been quiet.

"I hope you don't mind if I skin this here." I asked before I continued to the nasty stuff.

"No problem just do it quickly I'm hungry." He chuckled and I looked to his mother.

"Go on." She said and I continued.

When I was done I cut the meat up some thin some thick. I set up a grill top on four sticks and put the meat on it. I went back to taking anything I could get off of the deer including the ribs and getting the meat off them.

After that I threw it away from us and started to rub salt and dirt into the inside of the skin. Midoriya took over cooking the food.

When it was done we all had our share before I put the rest away in a ziplock bag I had.

I got up and dusted the deer pelt off. I walked over to my sister who was trying to sleep on her bag.

"Emily." I whispered and she sat up. I sat next to her and patted my leg. She laid down and I put the pelt on her fur side down to keep her body heat in.

"You really do know how to live off everything huh." The man said and I looked up at him as I played with my sister's hair with my bloodied dirty hand.

"Yeah our father thought it was necessary to teach. Who knew he'd be right." I smiled as I spoke. Looking down at my sister who was sound asleep. I then remembered something. I dug in her bag and got the picture out. I gave it to him.

"So how come you to are so far apart?" He asked and I sighed.

"I was 16 when they had her. My mom just got over a bad sickness and I was going to move out so they had Emily. I tried to be there for her as best I could especially when our dad died." I said and he gave the picture back.

"So you're 23? 22?." He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"23." I said and he hummed.

"24." He said and I nodded.

"I hope we can survive together for a while." He said and I smiled and nodded.

"Hopefully."

(I'm confused as fuck and not good with the age math BS so if I'm wrong let me know.)