Ch.53

I ran through the woods as fast as I could. Sweat running down my face as I tried not to trip. My poncho and backpack making me sweat more. The dead were on my ass and I couldn't shake 'em

I was out of breath and I couldn't keep up the pace. I have been running for miles and I didn't know where I was or where the others were. I leaned up against a tree trying to catch my breath. I had to move after a minute.

Earlier that morning.

Me and Midoriya just woke up and Kiri ran in the room in a panic.

"There's a herd of the dead coming get your things and fast." He said and we both got up and put our shoes on.

We ran down stairs and he went to help the guys and I went to the Kitchen to help Momo and Ochaco. We were getting food into a big box. Everything surprisingly fit.

We gave the box to the guys and I ran upstairs grabbing pillows and blankets. I ran down stairs and outside. I got to the bus and handed them to Todoroki.

"Come on they're here." Bakugo yelled from out the window. I looked at him and back at the house. I hesitated and I ran back to the house.

"Y/n!" He yelled and I also heard Midoriya yell for me but I ignored them.

I ran into the house as the dead came in after me. I stumbled up the stairs and ran into my room. I slammed the door shut and locked it. The dead banged on the door hard as I put my poncho on and got my backpack and my crossbow.

I panicked when I heard the door crack. I looked around for a way out and didn't see any. The door broke open and I just panicked.

I jumped through a window and landed on the over hang. Glass shards in my arm and hand. I stood and looked down. The dead were all around the house some trying to get me and others hanging out the window I came out of.

I breathed heavily and looked out at the field. The bus was leaving. I huffed and looked around for a way down. I growled and put my crossbow on my shoulder.

"Fuck!" I yelled and I just jumped. I landed on my non injured hand and rolled breaking my wrist and dislocated my shoulder.

I growled at the pain and got up. I then ran off into the woods.

Not noticing the dead's blood that got on my arm that's cut with glass.

Present

I huffed as I slowed. My feet hurt and also my head from the sun beating down on me. I was out of breath and about to stop when I heard something coming.

I turned around and saw the horse from the farm coming. I gasped and damn near fell over.

"Y/n come on!" Midoriya yelled holding a hand out. I grabbed it with the one that wasn't badly injured and he pulled me onto the horse. I held his waist and we ran as far away as we could.

A while later

We were far from the herd and came up on a empty house. He got off the horse and tied it up. He helped me down.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He growled at me as we made our way to the house.

"I wanted my stuff." I growled back as I walked up to the door.

"Really you risked your life for your stuff!" He yelled at me and i huffed and walked into the house. He scoffed and followed.

"Don't walk away Y/n you have to answer my question." He said and I looked back at him with tears in my eyes.

"This is all we have." I whispered and he tilted his head.

"What?" He asked and I ripped the poncho off over my head.

"This is all we have left of her! I wasn't just going to leave it. I still have Emily's drawing also so yes it's worth my life." I cried and he was quiet.

"There's no way I was leaving it." I said and I walked away from him into the living room. I sat on the couch as tears fell.

"Y/n. You need to think more carefully next time. It's not just your life anymore." He said from the other room and followed me. He came up behind the couch and sighed.

"I'd do anything to keep you safe that includes following you into a herd and almost dying." He said and I scoffed.

"Then I guess we both made bad decisions going after things that don't matter." I said and he came around the couch.

"Don't say that you matter to me." He said and crouched down in front of me. He was quiet for a while before he spoke again.

"Look I'm sorry for yelling at you. I was just scared. You can't be doing that shit to me not now." He said tears in his own eyes. I sighed.

"Sorry." I whispered and he got on the couch next to me. He kissed my head and smiled at me.

"No need to apologize. Now show me what's wrong." He said and I showed him my arms. He got up and got his bag he came back and sat next to me.

"Good thing I picked this up from the school." He said and put a metal splint on my hand and wrist.

"So is it just glass or?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I dislocated my shoulder." I said and he nodded.

"Ok lay on your back." He said and got up. I did so and he held my arm and slowly pushed it up. I hissed as it popped into place.

He made me roll over and he got his mom's sowing scissors. He started to get the glass out my arm gently and I passed smooth out.

Midoriya POV

I looked at Y/n who was somehow sound asleep. I smiled at her and I got up getting a water bottle. I let small drops fall on her head so she didn't over heat and I went back to getting glass out her arm.

She gave me a heart attack when I saw her jump out the window and off the house.