Ch.11

Everything was a blur as the gates opened and military let us in. To be honest I was in shock myself.

I watched as a red and white haired man took him from me and a blond tended to me.

We followed them into a infirmary. They took him in the back and a curtain blocked my view.

I was dragged to a different bed and I was set on it.

A nurse was talking to me but I couldn't understand what she was saying. A light was shined into my eyes and I didn't do anything.

They made me lay down. I had passed out not long after.

Later

When I did wake up everything was dark. I sat up and looked around. My hands where clean and the cut was stitched up. My hands are still a little red. My clothes are well not mine and I have a IV.

A woman came from behind the curtain and she smiled at me.

"Hi how are you feeling?" She said and I looked around.

"Um I feel fine." I said softly.

"Good you were dehydrated and a cut on your hand and you were in shock when you came in." She explained and I just nodded along.

"My little sister is she ok?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes she was surprisingly not that dehydrated as you which is good. She is in one of our many military homes on this base." She said and I nodded along.

"So what about the man I brought in?" I asked and she smiled at me.

"Oh he is just fine. He is actually back up on his feet already and should be in the house with everyone that came with the both of you." She said and I sighed.

"How long was I out?" I asked her.

"About a day and a half." She said and I just nodded.

"I'm going to check a few things and then you can go." She said and I watched her.

When she was done she did let me go. I walked out and looked around. Everything was quiet.

A man walked up to me and started to sign at me. I was confused only knowing a little bit of sign language. I shook my head no. He growled and crossed his arms.

"Come with me." He said and I was just confused even more. I followed the ash blond through the camp.

"Here you go." He said and walked away. I slowly walked in and it was quiet.

"Hey Y/n." I heard someone whisper and I looked at Midoriya who was on the couch that pulled out into a bed. I waved at him.

"Where's my sister?" I whispered and he nodded to a room.

"In one of the bedrooms with my mom." He said and I nodded.

"Come sit I'm sure your still tired." He said and I walked over and I sat on the other side of the bed.

I quietly took my shoes off and laid down to try and sleep.

I jumped up in a cold sweat. I curled up in a ball and I sighed.

I had a dream of what happened the other day. The man getting torn apart by the dead. I sighed and held my knees to my chest.

"Y/n?" I heard Midoriya say and I looked to the other side of the bed.

"I'm sorry did I wake you up?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No. You ok?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I can still hear them. Ripping that guy apart." I said covering my ears.

"Y/n we aren't there anymore." He said moving one of my hands from my ear.

"I know." I whispered softly.

"I'm going outside." I said getting up. I put my shoes on and went outside.

I sat on the porch of the trailer and looked around. I could still hear them.

I just can't wrap my head around it. Out of all things they eat people.

I was out there for a while before I went back into the trailer. I made sure the door was locked and I laid in bed looking at the roof.

"Y/n." Midoriya said and I looked at him. He smiled at me and I just looked at him.

"We are here at the army base. We are safe from them no need to worry so much." He said and I sighed.

"How long before we aren't safe anymore?" I asked him and he sadly smiled at me.

"How long before Emily sees one of those things kill someone like that?" I said tears in my eyes.

"I knew it was bad but I didn't think it was this bad. The world is really over and I don't think I can protect Emily from it." I cried as tears ran down my temples.

"Y/n you pushed a shelve off me by yourself. You hot wired a van and picked everyone up. You then dragged my half unconscious body to the gate of a army base that would have killed you. Either dead or alive. I think you can protect Emily and all of us if you wanted to." He whispered as his unbroken hand slipped into mine.

"I wanted to thank you for that. You could have left me but you didn't." He said and I sighed looking at him.

"No problem." I said and smiled sadly at him.

"Now you were in shock when we got here so you might want to let your body take a break. Try and sleep. Here you can hold my hand so you know you're here and not there." He said and I smiled rolling on my side to face him. I held his hand more comfortably.

"I appreciate it." I said as my eyes got heavy.

Midoriya's POV

I watched as she fell asleep. I understand where she's coming from. I couldn't sleep for the same reason.

What if we can't protect my mom.

What if we can't protect Kiri and his friend.

What if we can't protect Emily.

What if I can't protect Y/n.