Ch.23

We found a apartment building in a small town and we had cleared out a apartment on the third floor.

"Ok we should try and clear the building out. Maybe a few of us can have our own apartments. Since some of us aren't getting along to well." Midoriya said and I got my stuff.

"Good so the princess can have this one." I growled and walked out.

Everyone that was good enough to clear out the building stepped into the hall.

"Ok everyone get a partner and go to a floor. Hopefully we can lock this place down and stay a while." He said and everyone nodded and split up.

I followed Midoriya. I tapped his shoulder.

"Um Midoriya I got a question." I said and he glanced at me.

"What's up?" He said and I hesitated.

"Um you can say no but can I stay with you and your mom? I don't think I could stay in a apartment alone." I asked and he turned to me and smiled.

"Of course you can Y/n. If Ochaco says something ignore it. She's the one staying in one alone." He said and I nodded.

"Thank you I appreciate it." I said and he smiled at me.

"No problem. I'm sure you don't want to be alone with nothing but your thoughts." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah." I said as we walked up to a door.

A little later

We cleared out our floor and had lit candles and moved our stuff in a room. Ochaco was begging to stay with him but I already took the couch. She keeps saying that she doesn't need a room and she can just sleep with him.

"Ochaco I said no I don't want to even sleep next to you right now." He growled at her and she huffed glancing at me. I just rolled my eyes getting the couch ready for myself.

We then herd yelling coming from the hall and Bakugo busted in throwing a guy down. He has bright ass yellow hair.

"You're gonna wanna hear this." He said and Midoriya sighed. The new guy sat up.

"Um hi I'm Denki." He said nervously.

"Hi I'm Midoriya. So what do I want to hear?" He asked and the man looked around nervous.

"Um I told him I'm the electrician of this building. Then he dragged me here." He said and I looked at midoriya. Who was already looking at me with a smile.

"What?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Lights, air conditioning, water." He listed and I gasped.

"We gotta get him down stairs to get all that?" I asked and he nodded.

"We have to. Look hey um Denki is there back up generators here?" Midoriya asked and the man nodded.

"Good good. Look can you power them up? We will offer protection and some of our food." Midoriya said and the guy nodded thinking.

"Yeah I can." He said and Bakugo made him stand.

"Good let's go now." Bakugo said dragging the man out the apartment. I grabbed my crossbow.

"No wait Y/n stay here. Keep them safe and tell Todoroki when he gets back." He said and I sighed.

"What? I'm not dying for her." I growled pointing at Ochaco.

"I'm not asking you to." He said and winked at me before he left with them.

I sighed and sat on the couch. Inko reading a book in the chair next to me. I got a small kit out my bag and opened it on the table. It had small tools inside for the crossbow. I grabbed a small tool and decided to tighten the string.

"What's your game." Ochaco growled at me and I looked up at her confused.

"What?" I asked and she scoffed.

"What's your game here?" She said and I shrugged.

"Surviving. Like everyone else...?" I said unsure of my answer.

"And take my man." She said and I sighed.

"Girl leave me alone that's not what I'm doing." I said and she growled.

"Sure it's not." She said and I stood.

"I watched my sister run into the woods to be killed and I had to kill my own mother with my own hands. Then you get Jirou killed also right in front of me. I'm not in the mood to "take your man" understand. I don't have time for your high school bull shit." I yelled at her and she sat down at my angry tone.

"I don't want to deal with your drama. I just want to get by." I said as the lights came on.

"Good now go back to your place." I growled and she got up and walked out. I huffed and sat down on the couch.

Not long after Midoriya came in.

"Ok we have working lights so the air should be working soon. The water also works thanks to Todoroki." He said and I stood.

"Good. Is it cool if I take one first? I still have some of Jirou's blood on me." I said and he nodded.

"Um look in the bedroom for some clean clothes." He said and I nodded running to the other room and looking in the closet.

I got clothes and went in the bathroom. I started the water and air came out first and then nice hot water. I got excited and stripped down and got in.

I moaned at the hot water on my aching body. The water below almost black with dirt and blood.

When I got out Midoriya's mom went in next and the boys were talking in the living room. When I was noticed Midoriya moved to the end of the couch giving me room so I could lay down. I did and I listened in on their conversation.

"Yeah so what about winter?" Kiri asked.

"I don't know I mean we got lucky with this place. I say we stay here." Midoriya said and my eyes slowly closed.

Completely comfortable not being dirty anymore.

Midoriya POV

"What do you think Y/n?" I asked her. I looked over when I didn't get a answer. She was fast asleep already. I smiled and patted her knee.

"We'll talk more in the morning. I think we all need a good nights sleep behind locked doors." I whispered and they agreed.

"Oh we put the new guy with Ochaco so she's not alone." Todoroki said and I nodded not caring.

I watched them leave and I stood. I fixed Y/n's blanket. I moved hair out her face and patted her head gently before turning the lamp off and leaving her be.