Ch.16

I didn't sleep at all and when the sun came up I got my crossbow and went looking again.

It was hot and sweat, bugs, dirt, and other things stuck to my body. Along with cuts from the branches and thorns.

I walked up to a ledge and looked down. It was a small water fall that led to a small pool of water below. I hummed and thought I saw something in the water. I narrowed my eyes and tried to look at what it was.

There was groaning and I quickly turned around to a dead one. I gasped and tried to push it back but my foot slipped. I fell back down onto the rocky slope the dead falling onto me. It was trying to bite me until the slope ended and I started falling down. I kicked it off me and landed in the shallow water below.

I hit my back hard along with my head. I struggled in the water and I popped my head out the water. I gasped and started to crawl out the water. I spit out water from my mouth as I got up. My whole body hurts from the fall.

I stumbled out the water onto the smooth rock. I stood and looked around not seeing my crossbow anywhere. It had to still be in the water. I limped back in the water with a stick poking around in the the water for it.

Something grabbed my ankle and I fell back in the water a arrow stabbing me in my shoulder. The dead guy crawled onto me as I rolled over.

I held my breath as I struggled under the water with it. I had no choice and ripped the arrow out my shoulder and stabbed it in the head.

I gasped coming out the water. I sat there for a second and grabbed my crossbow.

I got out the water and stumbled to the rock ground. I stood as blood ran down my arm and chest.

I stumbled to what I was looking at from above. I got to it and picked it up. It was Emily's stuffed animal.

"Emily!!" I yelled putting it in my pocket.

"I have your buddy Emily!!" I yelled waiting for a response. I heard some bushes move and I looked over.

"Emily?" I whispered just for a dead guy to walk out the bush. I sighed and shot a arrow in its head.

I sighed and looked to find a way up. I found a little bit of a slope. I put my crossbow over my not hurt shoulder and put a arrow in my mouth and grabbed some roots and started to pull myself up.

I climbed up almost at the top when dirt fell from underneath my foot and I fell a little straining my shoulder. I growled and waited a second before pulling myself back up.

I got up top and laid there for a second.

I huffed and got up. I let my crossbow drag as I decided to make my way back.

It took a while but I made it to the gated field. I heard someone yell but I ignored it as I started limping to the house. I was covered in blood and dirt.

I huffed exhausted and stopped for a second looking at my feet. When I looked back up the guys were running to me with weapons in hand. I growled when they got to me Midoriya pointed his gun at my head.

"Y/n?" Kiri questioned.

"It's about time you pointed that thing at my head. You going to pull the trigger or what?" I growled at Midoriya who put the gun away.

"Where have you been we thought we lost you too." He said carefully walking closer to me.

"Looking for her duh." I growled.

"Who's blood is that?" He asked still being a little cautious.

"Mine and the dead's." I said and he just looked at me sadly.

"You're not bit are you?" He asked and I scoffed.

"No I'm not I just got a arrow in the shoulder because I wasn't careful enough. Look I found this tho." I said showing them the toy. I stumbled a little forward the blonde catching me by my waist. Midoriya took it out my hand.

"You didn't find her tho." He said and I shook my head.

"Nope unfortunately I didn't." I said and the blonde put my arm around his neck and carefully picked me up. I dropped my crossbow when he did. Kiri immediately picked it up.

"Why did you take the arrow out?" The blonde growled at me.

"Maybe because I would have drowned if I didn't." I said tiredly.

"Drowned? Where did you go?" Kiri asked as they started walking to the house.

"I went east there's a small river and a very very shallow lake." I hissed my back hurting.

"Wait did you fall into it?" Midoriya asked.

"Yes from a ledge pretty far. I don't know how I'm not dead." I said leaning my head back.

"All for a fucking toy." The blond growled.

"Yes my sisters toy who is missing. Don't give me that crap Bakugo. We already had this conversation." I said and he scoffed.

"Yeah I know but it's not worth your life. We survive in numbers not alone." He said and I looked up at his red eyes that looked down at me. He smiled sadly when he realized what he said and saw the sad look on my face.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as I let quiet tears leave my eyes.

At the house I refused treatment from the brown haired girl and went to the room I was staying in Kiri and Bakugo making sure I didn't fall on the way there. They were about to leave when I spoke.

"Kiri can you help me?" I asked and he hesitated but nodded.

He helped get everything out so I could fix myself up. He also helped take my shirt off. When it was off he gasped from behind me.

"What?" I asked looking over my shoulder.

"Your back is almost completely black." He said and I walked to a mirror and did my best to look.

My back was covered in red, yellow, blue, black, even green splotchy bruises. I sighed and looked at the floor.

"Look I know your desperate but from now on let us take care of this. We don't need you dying out there." He said smiling sadly at me as I just looked at him.

"Come on let's get you fixed up." He said waving me over. I huffed sadly as I walked over to him.