Ch.5

"You sure this place is safe?" I asked the man as he stepped out the abandoned house

"Yeah it looks like it's been here long before the fall." He said and I hummed my arm's around my sisters shoulders.

"We should be good for a few days and I don't think it'll be a good idea going up the stairs." He explained and we followed him inside.

We look around at the old furniture and his mom picked a spot in the living room. I gave my sister her bag and she went to go draw on the coffee table. I watched her get her things out when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over to Midoriya.

"Come here." He said and I followed him. We walked into the dining room and he got a map out his bag.

"Now Um are you staying with us?" He asked as he spread the map out on the table.

"I mean I don't really have a choice do I?" I said and he shrugged.

"You do have a choice. I'm not making you stay." He said and I looked back at my sister in the other room.

"Like you said survival in numbers right." I said and he smiled at me.

"Ok so since you're staying with I think it's right if you have a say in where we go what we do how we do it and all that." He said and I nodded.

"Ok." I said and looked at the map.

"So I believe we are here just off road 49." He said pointing at a spot.

"From the looks of it there should be a gas station not to far from here. I can try and make a run. See what's left." He said and I looked at him.

"Wait shouldn't we go together it'd be safer." I said and he thought about it.

"It would but we don't have anyone to stay and protect them." He said and nodded over to the girls.

"That's true but we can't do that forever what if something happens? All they need to do is stay quiet until we get back." I said and he sighed.

"Izuku." His mother said from behind me and we looked back at her.

"She's right. I can handle a gun you showed me how and Emily seems to be a good listener we'll be ok." His mother said and he sighed.

"Ok I guess you can come with." He said.

"Good now the true question where are we going? Where is safe?" I asked him and he hummed and looked at the map.

"We could try the bases that they reported to go to over the broadcast but there's no guarantee it's safe." He said and I nodded.

"That's true but we have to try. We can't stay on the road forever." I said and he nodded looking at the map.

"We try the one by the shore. I have a few friends that should help." He said looking at his mom.

"Bakugo right?" She asked and he nodded.

"Anyway we'll leave in the morning. Let's go to the gas station hopefully we can find a car." He said and I nodded getting my bow.

I stood and walked over to Emily.

"Hey I'm leaving with Mr. Midoriya ok listen to his mom." I told her and she nodded.

He got his gun and a bag and we left. We walked down the road in the hot sun.

"So Um what did you do before all this?" He asked as we walked along the road.

"I worked at a coffee shop in the city." I said and he hummed.

"How did you end up 3 hours away?" He asked and I sighed.

"My sister and mom lived a hour away. When I saw the news I drove over as fast as I could. We were going to go to one of the army bases but they blew up the city before we got there." I said and he stopped walking. I walked a little further and stopped myself and looked back at him.

"They blew up the city." He said a little stunned.

"Yes they did. Those things were all over the place the whole city was in a panic. Everyone was attacking everyone." I explained and he looked at the ground.

"What is it?" I asked and he looked up at me.

"My dad went to the city the day before for work." He said and I was a little shocked myself.

"Oh I'm sorry." I said and he shrugged as he started walking again.

"It's fine at least I know now." He said walking past me.

"Wait if you knew where he was why didn't you go to the city?" I asked him as I now walked beside him.

"I needed to keep my mom safe." He said and I looked at the ground.

I could understand that. I killed my mom because I needed to keep my sister safe.

When we got to the gas station there was cars everywhere but no one around. We brought our weapons up and looked around. There was blood everywhere but no signs of anyone. The doors to the store was locked but he broke the glass and unlocked it.

We went in and saw one but before it did anything I shot it in the head with my crossbow. We looked around and didn't see any others. We walked over to it and got our flashlights out and looked really close.

"Whoa so it really is just a whole bunch of dead people." I said poking at its face with a arrow.

"Yeah I guess so." He hummed as I stood next to him.

"Um hi." We heard someone say and we both aimed our weapons. The guy that spoke out his hands up. His bright red hair shining from our lights. We looked him up and down seeing a girl behind him with purple hair.

"Who the hell are you?" Midoriya growled.