Ch.38

A few days later

I had made a habit of staying in my room. I didn't want to talk to anyone or see anyone. I just wanted to be alone.

To be honest the whole incident made me depressed. More then I already was.

I had woken up alone in the middle of the night to a bad blizzard outside. The power was off and the wind was bad. It didn't help I had a nightmare before.

I got up slowly and looked out the window. You couldn't see anything but black. I froze when I heard a groan from the hallway. I slowly turned and slowly made my way to the door.

I looked in the window a saw a lot of dead in the hallway. I gasped and grabbed my crossbow. I put my poncho on. I walked to the window and I slowly opened it. I crawled out and sunk down in the deep snow. I closed the window back. I put my hood on as the wind blew hard.

I kept a hand on the wall of the building and slowly moved through the snow.

I found a window and I knocked on it. I then felt it open. I threw my crossbow in first before I climbed in. I fell on the floor as they closed the window. I stood up and brushed the snow off me.

"Why were you outside?" Inko asked and I looked around for books.

"To come here. The dead are in the building so stay away from the windows." I said and she moved away from the window.

I grabbed some science textbooks and the metal trash can from the library and ripped the pages out and threw it in the trash. I put the cover on the floor and put the trash on it.

I got another one and ripped the paper out. I got some tape and taped the cover of that book to the window on the door.

I went to the trash can and lit the paper that was inside. I went to the window and opened it just a little bit. I made sure the wind couldn't put the fire out as Inko sat by the fire and started to warm up.

"Thank you." She whispered and I got a blanket. I walked over and put it over her.

"No problem. Now let's try and stay warm and quiet." I said and the window opened. I stood and aimed my crossbow. When I saw red and black hair. I put my crossbow down and ran over helping Kiri in. He fell to the ground and Bakugo climbed in behind him.

"Whoa why did you guys come here?" I asked helping Kiri up.

"He has a infection it needs to be taken care of now." Bakugo said and I took Kiri to the fire. I made him sit down and I took the bandages off.

"Please tell me you have stuff." I said and Bakugo nodded.

"I got pain killers, a bottle of vodka, and more bandages." He said getting them out his bag. I grabbed the pain killers and got some out.

"Take these." I said and gave him some. He took them and I got my machete out and put it over the fire for later. I looked at his stub and saw the rotted flesh at the end.

"Inko you got scissors?" I asked her and she sighed.

"I only have these." She said handing me small sowing scissors.

"That'll do. Bakugo hold his hand down. Kiri I'm going to need you to bite down on this." I said taking my belt off. I folded it and put it in his mouth.

"If you scream I will hurt you on purpose ok." I said and he nodded.

I heated up the scissors in the fire and I moved closer to him. I got the scissors and started cutting the rotted pieces of flesh off. Kiri growled and whimpered as I did so.

"I know I'm sorry Kiri." I said as I continued to cut away.

It took about a hour to cut it all with the small scissors. Also with having to stop to pour alcohol on it and heat the scissors up.

Now came the hard part.

"Ok Kiri this is really going to hurt. The both of us because I don't have gloves." I said and got a hot needle.

"Bakugo hold his arm straight." I said and I started to stitch up the extra skin to lay flat over the stump. I let the needle hang as I grabbed the hot machete.

"Ready? 3...2...1." I said and I pressed the hot machete to the stump. To hold it there I pressed my hand against it also burning my hand.

I pulled away and hissed at my hand. I sighed shaking it off. I got the bandages and poured alcohol on them and wrapped it all up nice and tight.

I used the extra bandages for my hand. I put more paper in the trash to burn. I leaned back and sighed.

"Hopefully that'll do it." I said and Kiri was passed out in Bakugo's lap.

"You got any food?" I asked Bakugo and he shook his head.

"Nope I was more concerned about him." He said and I nodded.

"That's fine. So what are we going to do about this whole situation." I said and he shrugged.

"I don't know but I'm sure Deku will come up with something." He said and I nodded.

"Inko you warm enough?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yes thank you so much for checking in on me." She said and i smiled sweetly at her.

"No problem."